The Student Room Group

I got a 2:1 in year 2

hi so i got around 68% basically a high 2:1 in year 2.

i study at leeds uni and im pretty sure they weight year 2 and 3, 50:50

i was jus wondering what i would need to get in year 3 to get an 2:1 overall, because (maybe because im v pessimistic), i feel like i wont end up with a 2:1 next summer, especially bc im already to overwhelmed by the workload of year 3 lmaoo

my maths is pretty bad but im guessing i would have to achieve a high 2:2 in year 3 to end up with a 2:1 overall, is that right?
Original post by bobbythedog

i was jus wondering what i would need to get in year 3 to get an 2:1 overall, because (maybe because im v pessimistic), i feel like i wont end up with a 2:1 next summer, especially bc im already to overwhelmed by the workload of year 3 lmaoo

my maths is pretty bad but im guessing i would have to achieve a high 2:2 in year 3 to end up with a 2:1 overall, is that right?

The rules will be on the uni website - there might be rules about the number of modules at 2i ... and you need to know how rounding is applied.
Hello :smile:

It will depends of your university. I go to Kingston University and it is calculated differently. I recommend you to check with your university, but I will leave you the website I use to calculate my marks -> https://www.easycalculation.com/other/marks-percentage.php

Good luck with you course :smile:
Andrea

Probably around 52% if it’s perfectly 50;50. But with a 68% average you should aim for a first, it’s only a few percent more.

Leeds classify degrees on the better of two general weightings of 2nd:3rd years, either 1:1 or 1:2.

As above, you should be aiming for a First, which on the second weighting above would need "only" 71 this year.
Reply 5
Hello just need some help regarding my degree. So part 2 is compromised of year 2 and 3 and are both weighted equally 50/50. So hypothetically if I finish yesr 2 on 57% and year 3 on 65% are they going to award me my degree based on 65% as I have finished part 2 on that. Or are they going to average it out so 57+65= 122/2= 61 and classify me with 61% ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending