The Student Room Group

Creative Writing

I'm struggling to figure out what to do regarding my education. The only subject that I am somewhat interested in is Creative Writing but I'm unsure if I would like it at university for 4 year so I want to know from those who have studied/are studying it. What is it like? Is it engaging and fun? For some context, I did Law last year and I really disliked it so I dropped out so maybe that's made me apprehensive about jumping into another course but I am just anxious about it.
Hey, are you doing A-levels right now? Have you done much Creative Writing before?
Original post by Hazmaster
I'm struggling to figure out what to do regarding my education. The only subject that I am somewhat interested in is Creative Writing but I'm unsure if I would like it at university for 4 year so I want to know from those who have studied/are studying it. What is it like? Is it engaging and fun? For some context, I did Law last year and I really disliked it so I dropped out so maybe that's made me apprehensive about jumping into another course but I am just anxious about it.

Hi there @Hazmaster, how are you?

My name is Konnie and I’m a postgraduate Creative Writing student at De Montfort University. 😊

I’m in my fifth year of studying Creative Writing at university, and I love it!

I think it is important to have a passion for the subject that you choose to study, otherwise it can be a tough time at university. I enjoy studying Creative Writing because it is varied, and extensive. Not only am I learning about how to better my writing, but I am also learning how to access the industry and monetise my writing.

I think it is important to ask yourself why you want to study Creative Writing then you can start researching to find a course that is most suited to your needs.

I hope this helps!

Konnie 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending