The Student Room Group

Mott MacDonald Graduate Scheme 2022

Scroll to see replies

Hey everyone, got an offer as a graduate engineer with mott MacDonald. The interview was very relaxed, i didn’t get asked a single question about my uni or calculations, rather they were interested in me as a person. Questions like What makes Mott MacDonald stand out What do you do in your spare time What is a quality you like about yourself How do you work well in a team? What I really love about this company is how much it values a genuine person, the technical skills can always be taught but you can’t teach someone to be a nice person. Goodluck to everyone who still has an interview
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by chotru12
Hey everyone, I’m an international student who received and offer and contract from Mott MacDonald as a graduate engineer, I start early September!! Sooo excited! This company really lives up to its values

If you’ve made it to interview stage, it means someone obviously likes you and is impressed with you so pat yourself on the back. The questions were very competency based, I literally didn’t get asked any uni questions or engineering questions, they really want to know who you are as a person. Questions such as

What do you do in your spare time?
Describe a time where you challenged something you thought was wrong
What’s your best quality (please don’t say anything generic like you’re a hard worker, think outside the box for this one)
Why do you wanna work for Mott MacDonald

Goodluck and can’t wait to meet the other graduates, let me know if you have any questions.

thank you so much for your encouragement and response
Original post by chotru12
Hey everyone, got an offer as a graduate engineer with mott MacDonald. The interview was very relaxed, i didn’t get asked a single question about my uni or calculations, rather they were interested in me as a person. Questions like What makes Mott MacDonald stand out What do you do in your spare time What is a quality you like about yourself How do you work well in a team? What I really love about this company is how much it values a genuine person, the technical skills can always be taught but you can’t teach someone to be a nice person. Goodluck to everyone who still has an interview

How long did they took to get back to you? Which branch did you apply to?
Original post by inokishu
How long did they took to get back to you? Which branch did you apply to?

I applied to the Birmingham branch but the branch doesn't really matter because the interviewer still asked me which location I picked during the interview because they said HR didn't give them my application.

for the first part of your question im not sure what you mean. if you are asking how long it took for them to invite me for an interview then i'll say around 2-3 weeks im really not sure
Original post by Tkayorbunde
I applied to the Birmingham branch but the branch doesn't really matter because the interviewer still asked me which location I picked during the interview because they said HR didn't give them my application.

for the first part of your question im not sure what you mean. if you are asking how long it took for them to invite me for an interview then i'll say around 2-3 weeks im really not sure

I just did my interview yesterday. Now I’m anxious while waiting for them to reply me whether I got the job or not
Original post by inokishu
I just did my interview yesterday. Now I’m anxious while waiting for them to reply me whether I got the job or not

was it for project management? and who interviewed you?
was it for project management? and who interviewed you?

nope it was for process engineer. A senior process engineer from Edinburgh and a younger woman who started her job from Cambridge and recently moved to Edinburgh
okay. I did mine the interview for the graduate Construction project manager
what did they ask you
Some motivational, technical and strength based questions such as why do I want this role, what do I know about the difference between mott Macdonald and other organizations, how do I explain a situation or task to someone that is not without the field etc
ok. it was kind of the same thing
hope you get in
Received an interview for the a project manager role in London. Anyone else interviewed for this sort of role?
Original post by throwaway97
Received an interview for the a project manager role in London. Anyone else interviewed for this sort of role?

that's great!! what company?
I just did an interview at Mott MacDonald for the graduate Construction project management role
that's great!! what company?
I just did an interview at Mott MacDonald for the graduate Construction project management role

The role is graduate project manager (health and safety). How did the interview go?
Reply 93
Anyone heard back from the recruitment team after project manager (built environment) interview?
Original post by Kmil123
Anyone heard back from the recruitment team after project manager (built environment) interview?

When did you interview?
Original post by throwaway97
When did you interview?

28th March
Hello congrats on your offer!Do you have any advice or tips for any one applying for a similar role who is yet to have an interview?Thanks.
Any international student with an offer from Mott MacDonald who started the visa application?
Original post by civilgrad
Any international student with an offer from Mott MacDonald who started the visa application?

Hello. I’ve started my visa application. Anything I can help with?
Original post by Ben.U.S
Hello. I’ve started my visa application. Anything I can help with?

Hi, thanks for your answer.

I am actually still waiting for my grades, to get a letter from the university. I was just a little worried that I will get them late. Have you started the application alone or the HR team is doing it and you are providing them with everything they need?

Also, my dissertation is due in September and therefore I won't have any grades for it until then, so I am wondering if a letter that will state that I have passed my exams and I will submit my dissertation in September will be fine (the start date we agreed for the job was the 13th of September so I will need to start the application before).

Quick Reply

Latest