The Student Room Group

Which option is better, college or sixth form?

So I am in year 11 and soon we will be having to choose where we have to go after gcse. My dream career is being in the raf however I would like some backup options too. My dad thinks it’s best to stay at my school (a grammar school) and go to sixth form however I applied for this college in my town and I went for an interview and I was really interested in it. I applied for 2. The first interview was UAL level 3 extended diploma in music and the second interview I have next week is a level 3 extended diploma in health and social care. I really want to do both or see if I can do one course as a part time course. I know it may be a lot because each are equivalent to 3 a levels but I am dedicated to work hard.

The options I have been looking at my sixth form are psychology, sociology and music however I feel like college may be a better option because there’s more freedom however my dad wants me to go back to sixth form.

Anyone have any advice??
college is more laid back, I always recommend college as its less stressful, more free time but if you are serious about getting top grades then go sixth form. the teachers at college treat you more like adults compared to sixth form which is more like secondary school. university's dont care which you go to as long as you get your grades, it all comes down to what you prefer I guess
Both are good.
I went to a local community college for a few years as a adult. It was fun. I would heartily recommend it. You need to make some brief summary notes and explore the entire place as well. Find out a bit more about the type of fun courses that are on offer and then tour the place. Read deeper than the glossy lines of the fancy course brochure in order to learn more about what to expect there etc as well. Talk to a few of the students and staff. Take information from the college official website and quote it directly. Discuss your finances and compare colleges. If it is possible try to also fit in a quick visit to the onsite canteen there, take a little look at the stationery shop, go over to the campus library and glance into the classrooms in addition. Also pay careful attention to pupil exam results, feedback, and your gut feeling. See if you can even find a copy of a up to date student newsletter informing you of current events which are happening there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending