The Student Room Group

Choosing sixth forms

Hello, im still deciding between going to a better sixth form (40m-60m away by bus), or a closer one (20m by car). The further sixth form seems more organised, they have a higher average grade (C+) than the closer sixth form (C-) im looking to achieve good grades in my a levels, I know personal effort is needed more than anything but going to a better college will help a little. any advice on the situation? Thank you
The closer one is better in my opinion. A-Levels can be quite stressful and travelling can sometimes add to the stress. Especially in year 13, schedule's likely to be very busy and the last thing you might want is be stressed about being late to sixth form because your bus is late. To be fair, its not that much of average grade difference, unless I'm wrong. So I think, in terms of mental well-being, the closer one would be better. At the end of the day, it's your choice. You know yourself the best and the kind of environment you work best in. So, choose what you know for sure will be the right option for you.

Hope that helps.

Ps. This is just a personal opinion.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending