The Student Room Group
De Montfort University
De Montfort University
Leicester
Visit website

The Way to a Uni Students' Heart is FOOD!

Truth be told, as university students we have the worst eating habits. From breakfast at 1pm to lunch at around 8pm and then dinner at 1am. :giggle: Our eating habits are just as bad as our nonexistent sleeping patterns.

Most students have a hard time eating healthy, well balanced meals due to the lack of proper meal planning, no time and the lack of a proper budget for food. I once had the worst eating habit at university, however, proper meal planning helped me to eat healthier, save money and time. Here are a few tips for meal planning at university.

~ Purchase storage containers during your first week of university.

~ Purchase dry food products such as pasta, rice, potato and other tin goods in bulk.

~ Ensure that your meals consist of a STARCH, a PROTEIN and a VEGETABLE. This is very important for a well balanced meal.

~ Cook a large portion of your meals on the freest day of your schedule. Most of the times this will be on a Sunday.

~ Be creative and don't be afraid to try new recipes!

~ Store 4-5 containers of your food in the refrigerator.

~ It will be hard to maintain a weekly meal preparation schedule, however, once you get the hang of it, it would become the easiest thing to do to.

Meal planning is a very important aspect of student life as it will help you to save money, save time, have a balanced diet and promotes zero food wastage. Here's a quick tutorial video I did for an easy week meal plan that you can follow https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA3RBHQB2WM&t=181s.

Happy Meal Planning!

- Dennis :grin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending