The Student Room Group

grammar school in grade ten?

does anybody know how i can get into a grammar school even if i am already in grade ten.
Reply 1
Original post by Mumeenah
does anybody know how i can get into a grammar school even if i am already in grade ten.

Email the school that you wanna go to and find out if there’s even space first :smile: hope it works out. You can then find out what you need to do to move onto the list. Most grammar schools require a test that you take in year 6 but if you haven’t taken the test there may be another way to get in. Good luck!!
Grade 10?
Reply 3
If you are already at a school in Year 10 then I'd stay. moving at this stage it quite disruptive for your studies.

However, if you are determined to move then look at the admissions information on the school's website and follow it. Even if they do not have room, you have a right to be tested and to appeal if they do not give you a place. However, your chances of a successful appeal are quite low and the whole testing and appeal process might well take until Easter by which time it would be REALLY late to change schools.
(edited 2 years ago)
You don’t.
Reply 5
Thank you so much! I'm just moving from Nigeria and I'm so confused but i want to do my best.

Quick Reply

Latest