The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Neuroscience MSc (2022 entry)

Just wanted to make a thread specifically addressing the MSc Neuroscience course at Oxford for 2022 and find other applicants. I’ve applied to this course, though the 6% success rate isn’t filling me with confidence! Any advice welcomed :smile:
Original post by rhiannon07
Just wanted to make a thread specifically addressing the MSc Neuroscience course at Oxford for 2022 and find other applicants. I’ve applied to this course, though the 6% success rate isn’t filling me with confidence! Any advice welcomed :smile:

I also applied! Did you apply for the MSc+Phd for just Msc? :smile:
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 2
Original post by daiyedun2
I also applied! Did you apply for the MSc+Phd for just Msc? :smile:

I’ve just done the MSc rather than the 1+3, you? I know it’s only been a week since the deadline but I’m dying to hear back already!
(edited 2 years ago)
I’ve just done the MSc rather than the 1+3, you? I know it’s only been a week since the deadline but I’m dying to hear back already!

Same! Chances are abit higher for just the MSc, thinks it's 14% so not as bad! :smile:

Have you applied anywhere else?
Reply 5
Have you applied anywhere else?

14% is slightly better then! I’ve applied to Imperial and received an offer for the Translational Neuroscience course, but no where else yet. I was going to apply to KCL and UCL as well but Imperial was my first choice (aside from Oxford, although I’m not expecting any offers from there!) so I don’t think I’ll send off my other applications now. We’ll see! Have you applied elsewhere?
14% is slightly better then! I’ve applied to Imperial and received an offer for the Translational Neuroscience course, but no where else yet. I was going to apply to KCL and UCL as well but Imperial was my first choice (aside from Oxford, although I’m not expecting any offers from there!) so I don’t think I’ll send off my other applications now. We’ll see! Have you applied elsewhere?

I've applied for kings because their course is more suited for what I want to do in the future (more on the genetic engineering side) and I've heard very good things about the course and department from people that have enrolled before, haven't heard back from them yet though! I was planning on also applying for UCL but the price seemed extortionate.
Reply 7
I've applied for kings because their course is more suited for what I want to do in the future (more on the genetic engineering side) and I've heard very good things about the course and department from people that have enrolled before, haven't heard back from them yet though! I was planning on also applying for UCL but the price seemed extortionate.

Good luck for King’s, fingers crossed you hear soon! :smile: I felt the same when I saw the price of the UCL course, I’m glad Imperial’s course aligned better with my interests and happened to be much cheaper than UCL! 😂 Do you know when we should hear from Oxford about whether we’ve been invited to interview?
Good luck for King’s, fingers crossed you hear soon! :smile: I felt the same when I saw the price of the UCL course, I’m glad Imperial’s course aligned better with my interests and happened to be much cheaper than UCL! 😂 Do you know when we should hear from Oxford about whether we’ve been invited to interview?

Not sure...sometimes around mid to later January would be my guess
Reply 9
I had applied for it 2 years ago and they had sent interview invites in around 10 days. Because the interview was meant to be 3 weeks after the application deadline. I assume its the same this year too. I've applied again, for DPhil.
Reply 10
Original post by AVader
I had applied for it 2 years ago and they had sent interview invites in around 10 days. Because the interview was meant to be 3 weeks after the application deadline. I assume its the same this year too. I've applied again, for DPhil.

Ah okay, thank you for letting me know. I’m guessing I’ve not made it then; thankfully I think the imperial programme was better suited for me so I guess it’s for the best! Best of luck to anyone else who’s applied and has had an interview invite! :smile:
Reply 11
It doesn't look like I made it either. But good luck with Imperial! They will send rejections out early next week. If they don't then we can still hope the interviews might be in January. Last time I applied the deadline was also at the end of December rather than early December and interviews were mid January.
Reply 12
Original post by AVader
It doesn't look like I made it either. But good luck with Imperial! They will send rejections out early next week. If they don't then we can still hope the interviews might be in January. Last time I applied the deadline was also at the end of December rather than early December and interviews were mid January.

That’s a shame - best of luck with any other applications you have! Thankfully I’ve had an offer form Imperial which was my top choice so I’m sorted! Good luck for the future :smile:
Reply 13
I applied to the 1+3 and received an interview invitation yesterday! I believe the MSc and MSc-DPhil interviews are done together (January 10-14). Hope you've also heard back with good news :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by teeeth
I applied to the 1+3 and received an interview invitation yesterday! I believe the MSc and MSc-DPhil interviews are done together (January 10-14). Hope you've also heard back with good news :smile:

Congratulations!! I haven’t heard anything yet so I don’t think I’ve made it, but I’ve accepted my offer for another course which I think is more suitable for me so it’s worked out okay :smile: good luck with your interview! :smile:
Reply 15
Congratulations!! I haven’t heard anything yet so I don’t think I’ve made it, but I’ve accepted my offer for another course which I think is more suitable for me so it’s worked out okay :smile: good luck with your interview! :smile:

Thank you so much! Happy to hear you got in the course which you wanted the most. Best of luck going forward :smile:
Reply 16
How did you find out you've been invited? And do you reckon it is going to take a bit longer for the MSc?
Reply 17
Hey, just wondering if anyone applying to the MSc course only as opposed to the 1+3 DPhil has heard back, either as rejection or interview invitation? Interviews are scheduled for 10th - 14th of Jan but haven’t heard anything back.
Reply 18
Original post by Sam_2015
Hey, just wondering if anyone applying to the MSc course only as opposed to the 1+3 DPhil has heard back, either as rejection or interview invitation? Interviews are scheduled for 10th - 14th of Jan but haven’t heard anything back.

Hi, yeah I was sent an interview invitation on the 20th December

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending