The Student Room Group

3rd year sociology of education essay

Im a 3rd year education student doing a sociology discipline and I’ve been given an essay question of how can power in education be counterbalanced using the work of sociological theorists and to come up or find a policy, strategy or practice that will counterbalance the issue i identify. The theorists we can use are karl marx, pierre bourdieu and michel foucault

Any help would be massively appreciated, its a 2500 word essay and im clueless!!
Original post by Leahdominique
Im a 3rd year education student doing a sociology discipline and I’ve been given an essay question of how can power in education be counterbalanced using the work of sociological theorists and to come up or find a policy, strategy or practice that will counterbalance the issue i identify. The theorists we can use are karl marx, pierre bourdieu and michel foucault

Any help would be massively appreciated, its a 2500 word essay and im clueless!!

Not in your field but let’s try and see if I can help.
What you need to think of, do you understand why education power is a problem? Have you got 3 reasons? Who does it affect?
Why has that power surged ?
How does it relate to Karl Max? if essentially, you are discussing that people from high income have better education then how can you counteract that with Karl Max?
It should be along the lines of your professional duty, how understanding Karl Max theory can help you and others to challenge power in education?
Somehow you will then be able to put legislations from your own field and combine in to some policies.

Or is it really a problem? Do we all with high income, have better education?
Is the education power an old myth or?

Use your pubmed, it is your bestfriend :3

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending