The Student Room Group

I got a 5 in my most recent physics mock and am predicted 6, could i do A-level?

I believe I can improve, and when I do the other paper I think I could get 7/8. I really enjoy physics, could I do the A-level?
Original post by Usernamesaredum
I believe I can improve, and when I do the other paper I think I could get 7/8. I really enjoy physics, could I do the A-level?

Hi there

With hard work it is certainly possible to get those grades. Please ensure that you are sitting higher tier physics as A Level will be based on higher tier physics content. For Physics A level you generally need at least a 6 in Maths and a 6 in Physics.

Best wishes.
I’m predicted 6, are there any other ways I can show that I would be good for Physics?
At the moment I think I’ll apply to applied science as a 4th subject but then change in summer if I want to
Reply 4
Original post by Usernamesaredum

hi !! :smile: the fact you really enjoy physics is great, because it means when you revise / work on it more it won't feel laborious or make you bored out of your mind if its a subject you enjoy !!!

there's still quite a lot of time till exams start so you've got plenty of time to improve. Remember to make your notes or flashcards based off the specification for your exam board, it tells you EVERYTHING you need to know rather than a very wordy textbook. CGP have really great workbooks for practise questions, which you can find on Amazon. The website Physics and Maths Tutor is VERY good for finding past paper qs, and also Save My Exams !!! So after you finish going through a topic/ making your notes, do past paper questions for that topic via the websites I just told you about. For Physics especially, taking pretty notes or making extensive notes ISNT how to improve, you need to do practise questions for each formula or equation you learn, its the best way to learn how to apply the knowledge you have. Going from a 5 to a 7 or even an 8 isn't impossible at all. Every evening after school set aside half an hour or an hour if you can, and just go through your flashcards for Physics or your notes, and then do a question pack for that topic from physicsandmathstutor or savemyexams. Anything you don't understand, take that question to your teacher and ask. You have a lot of time to improve, and if you aim for at least a 7 in physics, or even a 7-6 if you're doing combined science, that should be okay for A level. :smile: hope this helps!

Quick Reply

Latest