The Student Room Group

Online psychology course

Hi does anyone know what is the best online site for a level psychology? Don't know if possible but I need to try and get it done from now to this summer.
Reply 1
Original post by benkdl
Hi does anyone know what is the best online site for a level psychology? Don't know if possible but I need to try and get it done from now to this summer.

A full A level (made up of AS and A2) is generally a 2-year course and ususally involves exams which may only run and certain times of year, so aiming to complete a full A Level course before this summer may not be particularly realistic.

Is there a particular reason you need the A Level? There are sites with free online Psychology courses that do not offer a formal qualification, such as Alison.com. If it is for getting into a university, you could look at access courses instead, perhaps.
Reply 2
Original post by Nerol
A full A level (made up of AS and A2) is generally a 2-year course and ususally involves exams which may only run and certain times of year, so aiming to complete a full A Level course before this summer may not be particularly realistic.

Is there a particular reason you need the A Level? There are sites with free online Psychology courses that do not offer a formal qualification, such as Alison.com. If it is for getting into a university, you could look at access courses instead, perhaps.

Ah thanks :smile: Yeah im doing a Bio-Med access course in September, just that i could do with psychology also to help with an application to Uni and that ive missed a year because of the issues with the exams. Is it possible to just sit the A2 exam without the AS? I know its two years, however, if i gave it my full attention for say, 4 - 6 hours a day online, then perhaps that may be enough? Think i have until 21st of Feb to book the exam so have a few weeks to decided and/or give it go.
Original post by benkdl
Ah thanks :smile: Yeah im doing a Bio-Med access course in September, just that i could do with psychology also to help with an application to Uni and that ive missed a year because of the issues with the exams. Is it possible to just sit the A2 exam without the AS? I know its two years, however, if i gave it my full attention for say, 4 - 6 hours a day online, then perhaps that may be enough? Think i have until 21st of Feb to book the exam so have a few weeks to decided and/or give it go.

Some unis may not accept resits, so be careful not to take an exam only to be forced to resit if you don't do as well as you'd liked
Reply 4
Original post by CatInTheCorner
Some unis may not accept resits, so be careful not to take an exam only to be forced to resit if you don't do as well as you'd liked

Okay thanks, its something to check. I have an online meeting with the sussex uni next week so perhaps it be best to discuss some options then
Reply 5
Original post by benkdl

I don't think it is possible to do the A2 and not the AS, as A2 coursework and exams will be partly based on knowledge gained through the AS modules. I could be wrong on this, so maybe someone else can confirm, but that is my understanding. You can do just the AS Level, though. I did an AS course and exam in English Language years ago, then had a bit of a career change, so didn't finish the full A Level. I did get a certificate, though, so an AS alone could go some way towards boosting uni applications.

It may be worth contacting the university to check their entry requirements before investing the time and money into a course you may not need.
Reply 6
Original post by Nerol
I don't think it is possible to do the A2 and not the AS, as A2 coursework and exams will be partly based on knowledge gained through the AS modules. I could be wrong on this, so maybe someone else can confirm, but that is my understanding. You can do just the AS Level, though. I did an AS course and exam in English Language years ago, then had a bit of a career change, so didn't finish the full A Level. I did get a certificate, though, so an AS alone could go some way towards boosting uni applications.

It may be worth contacting the university to check their entry requirements before investing the time and money into a course you may not need.

thanks. Ill book the A2 psychology one and catch up over next few months, think that with the bio med access course should be enough and ill ditch the business one. Yeah i have an online meeting on the 25th so hopefully they'll be okay with that and theres some kind of path

Quick Reply

Latest