The Student Room Group

Help me choose a uni for psychology conversion course

Hi! So I've more or less narrowed it down to a few potential unis that offer conversion degrees. Although I'm aware of the self-study demands of these types of courses, I would still ideally prefer for there to be a decent amount of support, guidance and engagement from staff and for the course to be clearly structured, especially since some are online/distance-learning.

Ulster University
Northumbria University
University of Essex
University of Roehampton, London
Brunel University, London
University of Chester
Bournemouth University
Birkbeck University of London
University of Leicester
Conventry University
University of Derby
Original post by GotPringles
Hi! So I've more or less narrowed it down to a few potential unis that offer conversion degrees. Although I'm aware of the self-study demands of these types of courses, I would still ideally prefer for there to be a decent amount of support, guidance and engagement from staff and for the course to be clearly structured, especially since some are online/distance-learning.

Ulster University
Northumbria University
University of Essex
University of Chester
Bournemouth University
University of Leicester
Conventry University
University of Derby

Hi @GotPringles

It's great to hear that you're considering the University of Chester for your Psychology Conversion degree! As you've already started your research I'm sure you'll have seen our Psychology Conversion course page which has lots of information on what you can expect from this degree at Chester, such as modules and our teaching and assessment styles. Just in case you need a refresher, here is a link to the page - https://www1.chester.ac.uk/study/postgraduate/psychology-conversion.

On Wednesday 1st November we are hosting a 'Festival of Postgrad' event at our Exton Park campus in Chester, where those interested in applying for a postgraduate degree can learn more about their course of interest and our facilities. If you're able to make the event it is a great opportunity to meet academic staff, as well as student support staff from teams such as finance and admissions. You can register your interest for the event here - https://www1.chester.ac.uk/festival-of-postgrad/register and then we'll get in touch with further info.

We also have a current MSc Psychology Conversion student, Laura, who is available to chat to on our UniBuddy platform. I'm sure Laura would be happy to chat with you online about the course and how she is finding it. It would be a great way to get direct insight from a Chester student. If this is of interest you can contact Laura here https://www1.chester.ac.uk/ask?unibuddy=buddies%2Fstudents%2F63fcdc5540b41b13b5c180b9.

I hope this information is useful, but if you have any questions don't hesitate to drop them below and we'll do our best to help!

Best wishes,
Becky
Original post by GotPringles

Ulster University
Northumbria University
University of Essex
University of Chester
Bournemouth University
University of Leicester
Conventry University
University of Derby

@GotPringles

For an unbiased review of quality, have a look at the QAA report (a bit like an Ofsted report for H.E) and their Teaching Excellence Framework Report; both readily available online.

I did my Psychology conversion course at Arden University and had a brilliant time, there was a mix of blended learning and 100% online options. The student support was great

Marc
Arden University Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest