The Student Room Group

Postgraduate master for international student on a part time basis

Hello, I am an international student who applied to study a master at some unis in the UK on a part time basis. But, most of the unis accepted me for the master but only for a full time basis. Can someone explain me why they don't accept me to do a part time course? Also, would someone know which unis in England allows international students to do a master on a part time basis?
Reply 1
Original post by Fani98
Hello, I am an international student who applied to study a master at some unis in the UK on a part time basis. But, most of the unis accepted me for the master but only for a full time basis. Can someone explain me why they don't accept me to do a part time course? Also, would someone know which unis in England allows international students to do a master on a part time basis?

I don't think they allow you to do that because of visa policy. You won't be allowed to work part or full time if you do a part time degree. There are a lot of restrictions as well. Please check before applying. I won't recommend doing a part time degree.
Reply 2
Original post by gruzenka
I don't think they allow you to do that because of visa policy. You won't be allowed to work part or full time if you do a part time degree. There are a lot of restrictions as well. Please check before applying. I won't recommend doing a part time degree.

Thanks for your advice. Some unis allow me to study a part time but yeah it has some disadvantages. I'll think about it.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending