The Student Room Group
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website

Postgraduate Study

Hi everyone,

With the postgraduate open day right around the corner I thought I’d share some of my experiences in applying to a postgraduate course at Plymouth and what made me choose to study at Plymouth.

I did my undergrad at Plymouth but was unsure about whether I wanted to stay on for my masters or to try somewhere new. I spent months looking at different universities and courses online until I narrowed down my choices to a top 3. What eventually sold me on staying at Plymouth was the open day. They talked me through all the different options available to me so I could be sure that these best suited what I was looking for.

If you are considering postgraduate study I can’t recommend going to the open days enough. It’s the best way to get a feel for the course and the faculty you’ll be working with so you can make the best decision for you.

As a returning student the application was very easy. All I had to was fill out their application form, provide a short personal statement, my CV and 2 references from the university. Initially it seemed really daunting but when it came time to apply it was much easier than I’d imagined and there was nothing to worry about.

If you have any questions about applying to a postgraduate course or studying at Plymouth I’d be more than happy to help!

Sophie- University of Plymouth postgrad rep
Original post by University of Plymouth Postgraduate Student Rep
Hi everyone,

With the postgraduate open day right around the corner I thought I’d share some of my experiences in applying to a postgraduate course at Plymouth and what made me choose to study at Plymouth.

I did my undergrad at Plymouth but was unsure about whether I wanted to stay on for my masters or to try somewhere new. I spent months looking at different universities and courses online until I narrowed down my choices to a top 3. What eventually sold me on staying at Plymouth was the open day. They talked me through all the different options available to me so I could be sure that these best suited what I was looking for.

If you are considering postgraduate study I can’t recommend going to the open days enough. It’s the best way to get a feel for the course and the faculty you’ll be working with so you can make the best decision for you.

As a returning student the application was very easy. All I had to was fill out their application form, provide a short personal statement, my CV and 2 references from the university. Initially it seemed really daunting but when it came time to apply it was much easier than I’d imagined and there was nothing to worry about.

If you have any questions about applying to a postgraduate course or studying at Plymouth I’d be more than happy to help!

Hi Sophie what course did you study at Plymouth and did you stay on the same course for masters?
Robotics at Plymouth University
University of Plymouth
Plymouth
Visit website
Original post by Wat.wat.wat
Hi Sophie what course did you study at Plymouth and did you stay on the same course for masters?

Hi there,

I studied History for my undergraduate and I'm now studying it for my masters.

Sophie
Hi, I'm about to study Occupational Therapy at Postgraduate level. I'm looking into accommodation at the moment for September and would rather live with others, but not in a 6-8 person house, and not on my own either. Do you have any recommendations for places to look?

I'd be interested in groups or websites where prospective students can buddy up to rent?
Original post by beaconview
Hi, I'm about to study Occupational Therapy at Postgraduate level. I'm looking into accommodation at the moment for September and would rather live with others, but not in a 6-8 person house, and not on my own either. Do you have any recommendations for places to look?

I'd be interested in groups or websites where prospective students can buddy up to rent?

Hi beaconview,

You can apply to the university's accommodation and be put in a flat with other postgraduate or mature students. If you haven't lived in Plymouth before I'd recommend this since you'll be right by the university and be put in with people in a similar situation to you. You could also look at other student housing companies, they often have houses that are partly filled but have spare rooms for you to go into a house with other people. Some of the companies I'm aware of are A Home After Halls, Clever Student Lets, Student Choice Plymouth. There's plenty of accommodation down here I'm sure you'll have no trouble finding somewhere.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending