The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford Postgraduate Waitlisters 2022

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rm2222
Ahh okay. Have you heard anything from your department?

I’m currently waitlisted but I have not heard back. You?
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Reply 41
Original post by Anonymous
I’m currently waitlisted but I have not heard back. You?

I am waitlisted as well! It seems that our department will review wlisted candidates in some weeks. Hopefully you’ll get a response soon!
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 42
Original post by phdlaw123
What’s the assessment form?

The assessment form is basically a form that breaks down how your application scored against the criteria that my application was assessed against, so in my case it included things like how my personal statement, grades and references scored.
Original post by Wildean99
The assessment form is basically a form that breaks down how your application scored against the criteria that my application was assessed against, so in my case it included things like how my personal statement, grades and references scored.

How can we have access to this?
Reply 44
If you email the data protection team, asking for a Subject Access Request for your assessment form and provide them with a photocopy of a form of ID then they should be able to process that for you. To save time, I'd also recommend stating at that stage whether or not you want access to your references because that will take extra time to do, I think.
Reply 45
Any OMMS wlister here? Have you guys heard anything from them?
Any waitlister for MCF? Have you heard of anything?
Reply 47
Original post by yeedubrad
Any waitlister for MCF? Have you heard of anything?

Hey. OMMS wlister here. Have you received any updates from your course?
For OMMS, I think a few people have been rejected since they kept a big wlist.
Did they tell you your wlist position? For us, they said that it cannot be provided.
Original post by rm2222
Hey. OMMS wlister here. Have you received any updates from your course?
For OMMS, I think a few people have been rejected since they kept a big wlist.
Did they tell you your wlist position? For us, they said that it cannot be provided.

I haven't heard anything yet since they told me that I was on the waitlist two weeks ago. I have some friends who received the waitlist email 1.5 hours later than me but no one has been officially rejected yet. The deposit deadline for mcf is 16th and there is a 14-day tolerance for refund if someone changed their mind, so by now I think the department has known of how many waitlisters to be in and I expect to know it soon.
Reply 49
Original post by yeedubrad
I haven't heard anything yet since they told me that I was on the waitlist two weeks ago. I have some friends who received the waitlist email 1.5 hours later than me but no one has been officially rejected yet. The deposit deadline for mcf is 16th and there is a 14-day tolerance for refund if someone changed their mind, so by now I think the department has known of how many waitlisters to be in and I expect to know it soon.

oh! good luck!
Reply 50
Any news from OMMS waitlisters? Seems there have been some movements in the department recently.
Original post by rm2222
Any news from OMMS waitlisters? Seems there have been some movements in the department recently.

Got an email today saying that they have 'significantly reduced the waitlist', but still not able to offer me a place at the moment. Will go to Cambridge anyways, so just waiting and chilling.
Reply 52
Original post by George Jin
Got an email today saying that they have 'significantly reduced the waitlist', but still not able to offer me a place at the moment. Will go to Cambridge anyways, so just waiting and chilling.

Hey there! I remember your name from the part iii thread! Cool! I got the same email!
I don't have a part iii offer so I'm hoping for this one but let's see!

Have you got any friends who got this email or are on waitlist for OMMS?
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by rm2222
Hey there! I remember your name from the part iii thread! Cool! I got the same email!
I don't have a part iii offer so I'm hoping for this one but let's see!

Have you got any friends who got this email or are on waitlist for OMMS?

I have another friend who is in the exact same situation as me: got about 85%, got part III offer, and waitlisted for OMMS. He also received this email today, so I suppose this means you are pretty strong on the waitlist. Good luck to you!

Do consider Imperial if it did not work out! Had my undergrad there, a really pleasing learning environment with teaching staff as good as Oxbridge.
Reply 54
Original post by George Jin
I have another friend who is in the exact same situation as me: got about 85%, got part III offer, and waitlisted for OMMS. He also received this email today, so I suppose this means you are pretty strong on the waitlist. Good luck to you!

Do consider Imperial if it did not work out! Had my undergrad there, a really pleasing learning environment with teaching staff as good as Oxbridge.

Hey! Thanks for the message and for the advice! Yes, I am preparing for other options. Mainly thinking about Warwick and Imperial! Heard they are pretty good!

I do not know how big or small the waitlist currently is, but based on people I know, it seems like it's down to less than <40% of the original waitlist. Though, I think they waitlisted like tons of people originally. Like, possibly 80+.

Also, hopefully, people like you and your friend with part iii offers will eventually choose part iii so some waitlist offers might be transferred to people like me! I heard that's the case with OMMS offer holders as well. Most people choose not to reject the offer simply because funding decisions aren't made yet and there's no loss in accepting an offer but 1-2 months later there is some movement in the department again!
Hi all, just got waitlisted for Msc Education! Quite upsetting about the wait but I also got an offer from UCL. Oh well!
Hi!! I just got waitlisted for MSc in Comparative Social Policy..

applied for January deadline and was re-evaluated against March applicants and got waitlisted today!

After I submitted my application in early October, I have always felt anxiety, and it will be continuing.. I almost gave up my hope and will decide to go to UCL or Edinburgh!
(edited 2 years ago)
Original post by chanochano33
Hi!! I just got waitlisted for MSc in Comparative Social Policy..

applied for January deadline and was re-evaluated against March applicants and got waitlisted today!

After I submitted my application in early October, I have always felt anxiety, and it will be continuing.. I almost gave up my hope and will decide to go to UCL or Edinburgh!

Hey! I’m in the same situation. Applied since Jan and got re-evaluated then wait listed yesterday. I honestly feel the same, and I’m planning to go UCL instead! So don’t feel lonely! I’m with u
Original post by rabbitrun77
Yes I applied for a masters in medieval english literature at Oxford and was today informed I am on a waiting list. Honestly I don't hold out much hope, but it didn't sting quite as much as a straight up rejection. Fingers crossed I guess

Hey just wanted to say not to lose all hope! Idk about your situ but I was waitlisted last year for the MPhil in English Studies Medieval Period, but I was still in my third year at the time. This year round I decided to apply again for the same course with a full completed transcript and a dissertation sample, and this time it worked out and I got my offer. Sometimes I think it can be just that slightest bit of info that tips them over the edge, just those final year module grades and dissertation samples. Hope all goes well and you clear the list !
Original post by MscMathFinLondon
I’ve seen waitlisters receive offers around mid August so unfortunately the anxiety will continue. No idea about your course though :frown:

Mate, do you mean you have seen waitlister got in around August for MCF?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending