The Student Room Group

I just can’t

My life seems to be at the precipice of destruction. I’m at a point where I want to cry but I’m smiling, I feel hollow. Today I mentioned feeling overwhelmed but was completely unregarded with - you look okay, you’re always fine and organised.
I worry about so much, nothing is going right. I mean I believe in myself, I tell myself it will be alright but it’s so much to deal with. I’m probably just being dramatic but I’m constantly spiralling over things, my mind never stops yet nothing gets done either. I look forward to sleeping because it’s better than consciously thinking.

How do I stop thinking so much?
you cant stop thinking, but try spin those thoughts round to a countdown. eg, ok im stressed about my a level mock, but thats over in ten days. try go from there
Reply 2
Original post by elodieowen
you cant stop thinking, but try spin those thoughts round to a countdown. eg, ok im stressed about my a level mock, but thats over in ten days. try go from there

How can I focus on revision rather than stressing and leading to procrastinating?
What is there so much to worry about? Thinking about things is a waste of time, do something productive instead. What are your next steps in life? What are your goals in life? Work towards them rather than wasting time thinking about stuff or imagining scenarios in your head which probably aren't going to happen.
I would make lists, and plan everything maticulously. try do as much revision as you can without your phone or laptop and a good playlist rlly helps!
Reply 5
It sounds like you have a lot of unspoken thoughts and feelings going on which is making you feel so overwhelmed. You’re not being dramatic at all, that sounds really difficult. When I feel really stressed, I vent in a journal or a piece of paper, or my phone notes. You could try this out. There is also a lot of professional mental health support available that could really make a difference, you could go to your GP and explain a little about how you’ve been feeling, and ask to explore what options there are . And be kind to yourself, these worries won’t disappear in a day, it takes time and patience.
Original post by Anonymous
My life seems to be at the precipice of destruction. I’m at a point where I want to cry but I’m smiling, I feel hollow. Today I mentioned feeling overwhelmed but was completely unregarded with - you look okay, you’re always fine and organised.
I worry about so much, nothing is going right. I mean I believe in myself, I tell myself it will be alright but it’s so much to deal with. I’m probably just being dramatic but I’m constantly spiralling over things, my mind never stops yet nothing gets done either. I look forward to sleeping because it’s better than consciously thinking.

How do I stop thinking so much?

Hi there.

I am sorry you are feeling this way.

Maybe my answer will not helpful.

But if you think that you can find someone who you trust enough to open up to them.

It might help you to open to someone. Of course if you are okay with it.

I am in this situation. But honestly, I am just used to it know.

Those negative emotions are there. I buried them deep down. I have got some health issues because of it.

But I do not care. I just move on with life.

I have noticed something though. I have decided not to cry anymore. Just suppress everything.

But it seems that sometimes, during the night when I am sleeping, sometimes I cry when I am asleep. I am asleep, but I can still feel it when I cry, but I am still asleep. It is in the morning that I realised that I cried.

I guess despite my will to bury my sadness deep down, my soul forces it out when I sleep.

Though I just forget about it and move on.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending