The Student Room Group
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website

Late CAS issue

Hello, I am an international student who applied in Coventry University in 2021 for Jan 2022 session . I passed the Pre CAS interview and also deposited 8000 pound according to the instructions of my unconditional letter . But the university was delaying to issue my CAS due to high pressure. My class was already started so I deferred my program for MAY 2022 session as I didn't want to start my program through online. Then they called me and ensured me that I will get into the INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT program on which I have applied before and got the offer letter. Then after few weeks they told me that my program is not available for May session . Whether I can continue with the same program for Sep 22 session or Change the program to MSc in Management which was available on that time for May 22 session. So told them to switch my programs to MSc in Management .
But today I got to know that their MSc in Management is also not available for May session . I am so depressed and disheartened . I don't know what should I do . I don't want to delay anymore .
There is a program similar to my program which is INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT . If they could have just offered me that course .
should I take refund ? I am so confused . It was my dream to study in Coventry university . I don't know what should I do now. Please if there is anyone from the admission office of Coventry University , please give me some advice .
Original post by Anonymous
Hello, I am an international student who applied in Coventry University in 2021 for Jan 2022 session . I passed the Pre CAS interview and also deposited 8000 pound according to the instructions of my unconditional letter . But the university was delaying to issue my CAS due to high pressure. My class was already started so I deferred my program for MAY 2022 session as I didn't want to start my program through online. Then they called me and ensured me that I will get into the INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS MANAGEMENT program on which I have applied before and got the offer letter. Then after few weeks they told me that my program is not available for May session . Whether I can continue with the same program for Sep 22 session or Change the program to MSc in Management which was available on that time for May 22 session. So told them to switch my programs to MSc in Management .
But today I got to know that their MSc in Management is also not available for May session . I am so depressed and disheartened . I don't know what should I do . I don't want to delay anymore .
There is a program similar to my program which is INTERNATIONAL MARKETING MANAGEMENT . If they could have just offered me that course .
should I take refund ? I am so confused . It was my dream to study in Coventry university . I don't know what should I do now. Please if there is anyone from the admission office of Coventry University , please give me some advice .

Hi,

Thank you for your message. I'm sorry to hear you're waiting a while for everything to process. I understand it's been arduous and tiresome and I thank you for your patience during this time.

It's up to you if you should take up International Marketing Management. I strongly advise opting for the course you want to study and not one because it's simply offered to you. The number of course changes definitely isn't ideal at all and I'm sorry your original course is not offered to you anymore. It's unfair the application process thus far is impacting your mental health. I wish for you to take better care of yourself, take some time out and make a decision that is most appropriate for you.
International Marketing Management sounds similar to International Business Management, so does the former course offer all the things you're looking for? You're still able to attend Coventry University, but I don't advise rushing into making a decision.

Unfortunately, there are only Student Ambassador online to support and signpost. So, if you would like to get in touch with the university, I recommend using the Livechat feature on the Coventry University website. Although the response may not be immediate, the university is aware of your message and will respond to you when they are able to. Simply state your name, student ID, course and query. If you find that after a few days there is no reply, don't hesitate to message again. Phone calling and email can take a bit of time before you get a reply and can become costly over time.

I hope this helps. Let me know how else I can support you.

Veronica
Student Ambassador
Coventry University
Coventry University
Coventry
Visit website
Reply 2
Thank you so much for your advice. Already talk to me . There was a misunderstanding from my side . Now they are looking after this matter . Hope soon I will be able to study in my dream University. Keep me in your prayers and Thanks again.
Original post by Anonymous
Thank you so much for your advice. Already talk to me . There was a misunderstanding from my side . Now they are looking after this matter . Hope soon I will be able to study in my dream University. Keep me in your prayers and Thanks again.

Hi,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I'm happy to hear the university is in touch with you and is now looking at this for you. Hopefully, things will move swiftly along once the matter is resolved.

If you have any questions you'd like to ask, please do! Our Student Ambassadors are on hand to support you where we can :smile:

Veronica
Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest