The Student Room Group

AQA A Level Geography Paper 1 7037/1 - 27 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Poll

How did this exam go for you?

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 27th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

just bumping this since we've got like just over 2 weeks till the exam, how's everyone feeling?
Original post by dreweloise
just bumping this since we've got like just over 2 weeks till the exam, how's everyone feeling?

HI! I'm feeling ok although theres still lots of things i have to go over! goodluck to everyone x
Reply 3
Bit nervous not gonna lie, I just hope they will be lenient with the grade boundaries
how are u lot doing with paper timings rn? its stress for me icl
Reply 5
Its not that great, I barely manage to finish 6 mark questions (I leave them last since they are often confusing as heck lol). When it comes to essays I barely finish them within 30 minutes soooo...I need to do more practice papers ASAP
Original post by chiefkeeff
how are u lot doing with paper timings rn? its stress for me icl

for most exams i usually have time left over, but geography a level i'm always writing till the last second. i've kind of figured out though if i spend 30 mins on each section, i then have an hour to go back over questions i had to stop/didn't have time to do in the 30 mins and it works well for me somehow
Original post by dreweloise
for most exams i usually have time left over, but geography a level i'm always writing till the last second. i've kind of figured out though if i spend 30 mins on each section, i then have an hour to go back over questions i had to stop/didn't have time to do in the 30 mins and it works well for me somehow

might have to try that... how many questions do u usually get done in that 30 minutes tho... is it like the 4 and the two 6 markers?
almost a week until our exams, i just finished my content last week soo i dont know how to feel. hope you guys are more ready than i am LOL
any predictions on the 20 markers??
Original post by chiefkeeff
might have to try that... how many questions do u usually get done in that 30 minutes tho... is it like the 4 and the two 6 markers?

usually i get through most of the smaller questions, and usually 2 paragraphs into the 20 marker, i will say though i’m generally very fast in exams so…

it’s good though bc i often way over write so it kind of forces me to write what’s necessary and move on rather than waffle
(edited 1 year ago)
does anyone elses hand start cramping and just rlly hurting after a while during the exam and how do u guys overcome it? cos atm I literally have to stop writing and rest my hand..
I am wondering about the advanced information for geography - does anyone think there could there be a 20 marker on the smaller bulletpoints. Eg could there be a 20 marker on fishing and whaling for global governance even though all the rest of the global governance topic isn’t on the advanced information (such as Antarctica, climate change, tourism). ((I know this is paper 2))Thanks and good luck everyone :biggrin:
Original post by Green_Tea_
I am wondering about the advanced information for geography - does anyone think there could there be a 20 marker on the smaller bulletpoints. Eg could there be a 20 marker on fishing and whaling for global governance even though all the rest of the global governance topic isn’t on the advanced information (such as Antarctica, climate change, tourism). ((I know this is paper 2))Thanks and good luck everyone :biggrin:

I doubt it, they removed pretty much the whole case study, and the 'essay making' bullet points on the spec, wouldn't rule anything out though, what do you think the paper 1 20 markers will be?
Reply 14
Whats everyones predictions for water carbon, deserts and hazards 20 markers
Not sure about the others but I have a big hunch Hazards will be on wildfires
Reply 16
I think hazards will be on wildfires too because they seemed to add a bit to the specification on wildfires. Any predictions to particular questions they might ask based on wildfires.

Original post by greg4455332
Not sure about the others but I have a big hunch Hazards will be on wildfires
Original post by Ifk
I think hazards will be on wildfires too because they seemed to add a bit to the specification on wildfires. Any predictions to particular questions they might ask based on wildfires.

I think the second 6 marker might be to do with approaches to wildfires - like give a source and the question be like to what extent does an approach to a hazard influence its severity.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
There is only one 6 marker in hazards. Also that 6 marker is an analysis question, so It can't be this
Original post by not.a.tree
I think the second 6 marker might be to do with approaches to wildfires - like give a source and the question be like to what extent does an approach to a hazard influence its severity.
Original post by Mythical Pingu

Here is the exam discussion for this exam. Talk anything from how to revise for it, specific questions or time management :ahee:

Date/Time: Friday 27th May AM
Length: 2h30

Resources:
Specification
Advanced Information

:goodluck: with revision and exams :work:

does anyone have any clues what might come up in water and carbon for aqa geography a level paper 1?

Quick Reply

Latest