The Student Room Group

AQA A Level English Literature A Paper 1 7712/1 - 7 Jun 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Ye i am! I thought i did well but now im panicking what did it mean by the "citizens" of vienna?? (Original post by Legally.brunette)Is anyone doing measure for measure?
I really liked the unseen poems and thought they were so good compared to previous themes that have come up.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Anom-007
Othello question was good
Y
Unseen was good as well

Final question was tough, only had 50 minutes to complete it

Hey,

what were the OTHELLO and GATSBY questions on the paper please?
Original post by Faz6786
Hey,

what were the OTHELLO and GATSBY questions on the paper please?

lol, are you in year 12? you know if you missed this paper they will give you a different paper for the resit
lol, are you in year 12? you know if you missed this paper they will give you a different paper for the resit

I’m in year 12 I was just curious what the questions were 😭😭
Original post by Faz6786
I’m in year 12 I was just curious what the questions were 😭😭

Haha, I understand bud.

The Othello Question was definitely not about Desdemona and her naivety with men.

IDK the first Gatsby one but the second was not about how true love never lasts
Haha, I understand bud.

The Othello Question was definitely not about Desdemona and her naivety with men.

Thank you very much!! :smile:
Reply 47
Haha, I understand bud.

1st was love can bring potential happiness and fulfilment
Original post by Faz6786
Thank you very much!! :smile:

Good Luck In The Future!
Haha, I understand bud.

i think it was about happiness in love for 1st
(edited 1 year ago)
I feel nervous that most of my classmates said they didn't like it that much! I loved it, I thought the questions were stellar and I knew enough quotes from both Othello and Gatsby to make pretty good responses. Spent about 1 hour on each question. Felt chuffed with myself lol
Reply 51
Original post by sunnshine03
I feel nervous that most of my classmates said they didn't like it that much! I loved it, I thought the questions were stellar and I knew enough quotes from both Othello and Gatsby to make pretty good responses. Spent about 1 hour on each question. Felt chuffed with myself lol

Fr thats what I was thinking. I'm pretty sure everyone in my class chose the 2nd Gatsby question but I did the 1st one. I swear it was beautiful the way that question aligned w my strongest plan. I chose to do sonnet 116 and Non Sum Qualis, but everyone ***** on non sum Qualis for some reason
Original post by AmeliaGP
Ye i am! I thought i did well but now im panicking what did it mean by the "citizens" of vienna?? (Original post by Legally.brunette)Is anyone doing measure for measure?

I think it went ok for me too, awful question. I think it just means because Shakespeare banded together what we’d call the “scum” of society into one group, the *****s (mistress overdone&Pompey from the extract), those who sleep with them (Lucio) and the other law breakers. I think by “citizens” it meant the representation of those “groups” as the central debate about love surrounds those who don’t fall into those categories like Claudio (although he broke the law his character is morally good and not a serial law breaker), Isabella (novice) the duke and angelo ect- that’s what I understood from that question anyway
I chose La Belle San Dame Merci and She Walks In Beauty for the second option. What did you guys choose?
I chose La Belle San Dame Merci and She Walks In Beauty for the second option. What did you guys choose?

la belle dame sans merci and the ruined maid

i did death of a salesman, la belle dame and isabella for the tragic villains question

i wanted to add lamia too but i didn’t get enough time to
Original post by sophie365h
Didn't finish.. I did Othello and then section C and had 30 minutes to do the unseen which was such a pain because the unseen was so good but I literally wrote 1 A4 page ah

ahhhhhhh i feel your pain, i left myself the same amount of time and i feel like with the strength of the cohort on such a good question i'll end up on a really low band for unseen even though i found it the nicest question!!!
(Original post by Legally.brunette)I think it went ok for me too, awful question. I think it just means because Shakespeare banded together what we’d call the “scum” of society into one group, the *****s (mistress overdone&Pompey from the extract), those who sleep with them (Lucio) and the other law breakers. I think by “citizens” it meant the representation of those “groups” as the central debate about love surrounds those who don’t fall into those categories like Claudio (although he broke the law his character is morally good and not a serial law breaker), Isabella (novice) the duke and angelo ect- that’s what I understood from that question anyway

Thanks ye i wrote a lot about social class etc but then also about how lucio doesn't really it into one category because he goes between the groups hope that it seems to answer the question I'm scared that but wont fit the mark scheme as well as a writing about it being a tragicomedy aah

I chose Sonnet 116 and The Scrutiny haha i did the one on true love though and compared it to the Great Gatsby
Original post by H.dy
1st was love can bring potential happiness and fulfilment

i feel like i fluncked it looking back, i did way too much on class instead of fulfilment

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending