The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

anyone here do boule de suif and/or un long dimanche de fiancailles?
Original post by tinyturtle319
anyone here do boule de suif and/or un long dimanche de fiancailles?

im doing un long dimanche too, do you have any predictions? manech hasn't seemed to come up much yet :smile:)
Does anyone have any Bonjour Tristesse essays that I can have a look at? Would be super helpful, thanks :smile:
Does anyone have any predictions for what questions might come up for la haine and bonjour tristesse?
Original post by E__
i just googled it and it says they filmed it in colour first and then changed it to black and white when editing so i don't see how it made it ci learnt

i learnt that kassovitz decided to change it to black and white due to the low budget- he couldnt afford expensive props or effects to make the background look more aesthetic or visually appealing so when it was done he thought the sets looked awful and so thats why he changed it to black and white
Original post by amykathryn
im doing un long dimanche too, do you have any predictions? manech hasn't seemed to come up much yet :smile:)

don't really have any ideas on predictions but the trend of the Qs seem to be:

cinematographic techniques
-specific ones mentioned
-its purpose

themes
-debate on whether film suits this theme or that theme more
-importance of certain themes
-how certain themes r shown

characters
-comparisons
-their actions n behaviour (how others r affected by this)
-links between characters

what do u think?
Hey, does anyone know if we need quotes for the film as well, or just for the book? :smile:
Reply 47
I'm doing La Haine and Kiffe kiffe demain anyone else?
Reply 48
I’m doing La Haine
Original post by Rbb7
I'm doing La Haine and Kiffe kiffe demain anyone else?

Yeah I'm doing Kiffe Kiffe
How important is it to have quotesi in the essays?
what are the chances they repeat the same question for a 5th time for l’etranger? really relying on a Meursault character question 😩😩
Original post by Belgianwaffle38

not necessary at all!! if u misquote u wont be awarded so only include if u know 100% the quote is correct
Original post by Belgianwaffle38

they advise to only quote if you’re sure you can do it accurately so prob not too important
Original post by examssssmmsms
what are the chances they repeat the same question for a 5th time for l’etranger? really relying on a Meursault character question 😩😩

ngl we'll def get a question on him they do it every year and then I think a theme question will come up
Is anyone doing Un Sac de billes and Entre les murs??? Also does anyone have any fancy phrases that can be used when writing the essays?
Original post by evakesiax
ngl we'll def get a question on him they do it every year and then I think a theme question will come up

true haha i reckon the other will be about heat and senses since thats never come up before!! it did come up for edexcel a few years ago so maybe look at their markscheme
Original post by examssssmmsms
true haha i reckon the other will be about heat and senses since thats never come up before!! it did come up for edexcel a few years ago so maybe look at their markscheme

i would like a question like that- it will give you the opportunity to talk about how the sun is a secondary character in the book and you could talk about its significance and contextual background
Reply 58
Original post by Imgonnafail21
Is anyone doing Un Sac de billes and Entre les murs??? Also does anyone have any fancy phrases that can be used when writing the essays?

im doing ELM and hoping for a question similar to one from 2019 where it was along the lines of the students being destined to fail despite M Marin's teaching methods
Original post by tda1203
im doing ELM and hoping for a question similar to one from 2019 where it was along the lines of the students being destined to fail despite M Marin's teaching methods

What points could you say about a question like that? Also which scenes would be useful to know in your opinion??

Latest

Trending

Trending