The Student Room Group

GCSE French

Hi I’m going to be sitting my GCSE french exam. Currently on a grade 6/7 and wanting to get at least an 8/9. Can someone please give me some advice , I’ve been stuck on this grade for ages; I don’t know how I can quickly revise to boost my grade up. Also if anyone knows any good revision resources for revising grammar and tenses, it would be appreciated because I think this is where I lose marks in writing. Thanks
Reply 1
If you're on a 6/7, I'm assuming you know your vocab well and you practice it regularly. For grammar and tenses, I recommend getting a cgp revision guide and working through the questions. In writing, use a wide range of tenses and try to know some higher level structures, use more difficult vocab (eg. Don't use "c'est amusant/intéressant/ennuyeux") and have more complex justifications.
Original post by Anjoh987
If you're on a 6/7, I'm assuming you know your vocab well and you practice it regularly. For grammar and tenses, I recommend getting a cgp revision guide and working through the questions. In writing, use a wide range of tenses and try to know some higher level structures, use more difficult vocab (eg. Don't use "c'est amusant/intéressant/ennuyeux") and have more complex justifications.

I’m pretty solid with vocab. Thanks for the advice, do you have any good resource recommendations ?
Reply 3
Inuse the Pearson books because the revision guide and workbook match up page to page so you can refer back to the guide if you get lost in a question. I get podcasts from Spotify, just search french podcasts and choose the ones you like, same with songs. Bitesize is also pretty good and past papers too.

Quick Reply

Latest