The Student Room Group
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website

Essex or kent

Hi
I applied for MSc social Psychology at university of Kent n MSc Psychology at university of Essex
I got offer from both though Essex has given me a scholarship of 3k want to know where should I go which one is better
Original post by Uzmaz
Hi
I applied for MSc social Psychology at university of Kent n MSc Psychology at university of Essex
I got offer from both though Essex has given me a scholarship of 3k want to know where should I go which one is better

Hi!

Congratulations on your offer! I'm a second year student at the university of Kent and, although I don't study any related subject, I can give a brief explanation about what our university has to offer.

Psychology at Kent is highly regarded as a leading European centre for postgraduate research, with extended research facilities and newly refurbished laboratories. The university's international reputation attracts excellent scholars and postgraduate students from both within the UK and overseas. I will attach the link to the official website that provides more detail information about the course, entry requirements, modules and career prospects: https://www.kent.ac.uk/courses/postgraduate/75/social-psychology

The university offers students a huge amount of support from finding part-time jobs to finding placements and internships through our Career and Employability Service. You can discuss your options with both academic and career advisors to have a better idea of your prospects and how to achieve your long term goals. You also benefit with the university's connections to gain access to the industry.

Canterbury is a beautiful location, which had a major impact in my decision to studying here. The campus is at walking distance from the lovely historic town and Canterbury is one train away from London. If you would like to get more information about postgraduate scholarships at Kent, you can find more information here: https://www.kent.ac.uk/scholarships/postgraduate#scholarship-list

Making these decisions is not easy but I hope this helped a little! The website will help answer most of your questions, but if you have any more (about the course and about life at Kent), don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Tracy
UKC Rep
University of Essex
University of Essex
Colchester
Visit website
Original post by Uzmaz
Hi

Hi @Uzmaz,

Huge congratulations on getting offers from both universities! I am a final year student at the University of Essex and although I am not a psychology student I have a few friends that were studying psychology at Essex and they loved it. They got involved in many research and experiments which meant they could apply everything they have learnt to the practice.

Studying at Essex for me was a great decision because the university is Campus based, close to London (50 minutes train ride) and main airports, it has an amazing teaching staff and it is a very international university which means you get to meet people from all over the world.
Career Centre is also very beneficial and the fact that 88% of graduates from the University of Essex are in employment or further study (Graduate Outcomes 2021) shows that. You can book appointments to check your CV, job applications, prepare for interviews etc.

If you want to do part-time work you can choose to look for a job on Campus (working in a shop, cafes, restaurants, being a student ambassador, doing some admin jobs...) or in Colchester/Wivenhoe town.
The campus is very beautiful and also very lively with many bars, restaurants, one cinema, one theatre, a nightclub and its own gym and sports arena.

When it comes to the student accommodation there are many options depending on your budget and preferences such as how many people you want to live with, do you want your own toilet etc.

Also, very important to mention that UoE is in the top 25 universities in the UK for research quality (The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022) and 12th in the UK for overall student satisfaction for Applied psychology (National Student Survey 2021).

If you want to find out more about the course you can watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Afs9cMkSXpc

I hope this helps in making your decision and please let me know if you have any more questions!

Leonarda

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending