The Student Room Group

Cambridge Maths School

Did anyone do the CMS test? How did it go?
I did but I have a feeling we already have eachother on IG
Original post by AmRa07
Did anyone do the CMS test? How did it go?

Sorry if this is really late but my friend and I both applied to CMS. We both managed to get our conditional offers. How did yours go?
Original post by PositivElectron
We both got offers as far as I'm aware, im defo going and if you guys are you add me on discord (in ur dms)
and I think the commute is to far for amra - assuming he is who i think he is

Of course, I'll send you a request now :smile:
Reply 4
Heyyyyy, I got the offer for Henrietta Barnette (HBS), Cambridge Maths School (which is a collaboration with the uni) and for LAE Stratford. I'm not sure what school I should choose, please can I get some advice from anyone?
Original post by mini2008
Heyyyyy, I got the offer for Henrietta Barnette (HBS), Cambridge Maths School (which is a collaboration with the uni) and for LAE Stratford. I'm not sure what school I should choose, please can I get some advice from anyone?

Honestly up to u, I went to CMS for like 2 weeks and then left cos in my opinion it wasn't worth me travelling so far everyday. But I know some of them that do from central I think and are doing perfectly fine. Also it depends on the environment u want. Cos at CMS they have like 40 people per year so basically everyone knows everyone and I think it would be more competitive. If you care about grades all 3 of your school are good so dw about that. People wise at CMS icl most of them are average at maths, nothing special and a lot of them have no hobbies other than academics but they are all nice people.
Personally I would go with the one closest to my house cos time is important at A-level as you will have to do a lot of extracurriculars for UCAS applications.
Reply 6
Original post by raza_ammar1029
Honestly up to u, I went to CMS for like 2 weeks and then left cos in my opinion it wasn't worth me travelling so far everyday. But I know some of them that do from central I think and are doing perfectly fine. Also it depends on the environment u want. Cos at CMS they have like 40 people per year so basically everyone knows everyone and I think it would be more competitive. If you care about grades all 3 of your school are good so dw about that. People wise at CMS icl most of them are average at maths, nothing special and a lot of them have no hobbies other than academics but they are all nice people.
Personally I would go with the one closest to my house cos time is important at A-level as you will have to do a lot of extracurriculars for UCAS applications.

Thank you! Can I ask what school you ended up going to at the end? I live in Hertfordshire so basically all of those schools are equally as far. At CMS, do they focus lots on Maths or is it other stuff as well? Because, for me, I do lots of other extracurriculars at my current school, so with music and everything and I just feel like if it is purely just Maths, then it might be a bit depressing. Also, was it easy for you to change schools after going to CMS for a few weeks?
Original post by mini2008
Thank you! Can I ask what school you ended up going to at the end? I live in Hertfordshire so basically all of those schools are equally as far. At CMS, do they focus lots on Maths or is it other stuff as well? Because, for me, I do lots of other extracurriculars at my current school, so with music and everything and I just feel like if it is purely just Maths, then it might be a bit depressing. Also, was it easy for you to change schools after going to CMS for a few weeks?

Yeah it's basically just maths, even in breaks a lot of people just did maths or hw. They don't have a music room but maybe u could start some club or smth. I went back to my old school, Herschel grammar school. I just called them up and they gave me a space the same day but it would be much harder to change schools if you didn't do GCSEs their u get me? Icl u are better of talking to people who are at the school right now. I could give u their insta?
Reply 8
Original post by raza_ammar1029
Yeah it's basically just maths, even in breaks a lot of people just did maths or hw. They don't have a music room but maybe u could start some club or smth. I went back to my old school, Herschel grammar school. I just called them up and they gave me a space the same day but it would be much harder to change schools if you didn't do GCSEs their u get me? Icl u are better of talking to people who are at the school right now. I could give u their insta?

Ye true, I think it would be difficult if I wanted to change to another school. I feel like I'd really regret it if I had to stay at my school. And I'd love to have their Instagram if u can send them to me please, than you!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending