The Student Room Group

TOLATA 1996 and CO-OWNERSHIP

Hi there,

I have been asked to write a 3000-word end-of-module essay on TOLATA in regards to co-ownership.

I am struggling on where to start my research. Any tips on this. Books, journals case law etc.

The topic is very broad as it states Look at how TOLATA offers a dose of reality in regards to co-wnership.

Many thanks

PoliticaPolitico
Original post by PoliticaPolitico
Hi there,

I have been asked to write a 3000-word end-of-module essay on TOLATA in regards to co-ownership.

I am struggling on where to start my research. Any tips on this. Books, journals case law etc.

The topic is very broad as it states Look at how TOLATA offers a dose of reality in regards to co-wnership.

Many thanks

PoliticaPolitico

Hi there, did you complete your essay?! I'm hoping you can give me some help. I'm about to defend myself in a TOLATA case against my ex partner who is asking for 50/50 of our jointly owned property. I have spent 13k on renovations and lots of labour plus 2 years of paying mortgage and earning a small wage due to being the primary carer for our son. I don't have money to get a solicitor as I'm wanting to buy him out and he's asking for 38k due to price rises because of my part time wage I can't borrow any more from house so saving every penny for buyout. Wondered if you could take a look at my defence statement I'm particularly looking to make my case fit with 'changed intentions from him' and acted in 'my detriment' in order to step away from 50/50. I'm not the best at writing things and need it to be jumping out to the courts! Also wondered if I can 'counter claim' or how ever this works for a schedule one children ACt? I'm a childminder so if he tries to force a sale it would uproot my children, business and financial earnings. Any help is very much appreciated thanks kel

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending