The Student Room Group
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Manchester met university accommodation

Hi, I’m applying to go to mmu in 2022 but the only accommodation left is Cambridge. Can someone let me know if this accommodation is any good or whether I should take a gap year and apply again next year, I really wanted an ensuite and spacious room, Cambridge is neither of those. I’m stressing as I want to go this year but I don’t want a bad accommodation option to ruin the experience. If anyone also know private accommodation in Manchester that would be helpful, thanks
Original post by Anonymous
Hi, I’m applying to go to mmu in 2022 but the only accommodation left is Cambridge. Can someone let me know if this accommodation is any good or whether I should take a gap year and apply again next year, I really wanted an ensuite and spacious room, Cambridge is neither of those. I’m stressing as I want to go this year but I don’t want a bad accommodation option to ruin the experience. If anyone also know private accommodation in Manchester that would be helpful, thanks

Cambridge is really close to everything, you'd definitely be emersed in city/uni life there. Are they offering any tours of accommodation? I personally feel living in halls is about who you are with, that is what makes or breaks the experience. Often people can swap accommodation or move sites if places become available due to people dropping out etc. Maybe enquire about if they have a reserve list.

There are lots of private student halls in Manchester, just do a google. They tend to be more expensive.

Good luck with your decision and enjoy the experience of uni
Manchester Metropolitan University
Manchester

Hi I'm an international student and I'm also going to mmu this sept. I also struggled to find an ensuite room. The mmu website says even if you're booking their private partner accommodation like the unite student ones (MMU reserved the private partner accommodation for MMU students) you should still book via the mmu portal but I also just see Cambridge left and it's just not for me: ( I was looking at rosamond house owned by unite student which has ensuite room and just 4 rooms in each flat and it's exactly what i prefer. Sadly I don't see it on mmu portal either...I'm actually doing my foundation year in the UK (not at mmu) and my accommodation is ensuite room with just 4 people in my flat including myself which i enjoy very much so I'm looking for something similar at mmu.
But I'm thinking is there a chance that current students haven't moved out yet at this moment and that's why most of the rooms aren't available yet? Just hope there would be more accommodation options...can't believe it's just May and most rooms are occupied.
Reply 3
yeah i’m also going to mmu with the same problem, and i’ve heard mixed reviews of cambridge with some people saying it’s a bit of a shithole but apparently it’s really sociable which is something i like
I have applied for Cambridge Premium this year. Anyone who’s stayed there this year du k what it’s like as I’m nervous now?
Reply 5
I'm also in the same position :frown: I think that more rooms will become available as some people might change their minds and go somewhere else . But I think I'll wait until the end of july to book anything because someone told me that a lot of people near the end of july cancel their accomodation. FINGERS CROSSED because I really don't want to share a bathroom with 10 people
i’m in the same situation also! no rooms left now though :frown: Are you waiting to to see if any more rooms free up? Private accomodation is really expensive too so can’t afford that. also does anyone know if there’s a waiting list or anything like that?
Reply 7
omds I’m also in the same situation. I don’t know what to do tbh . I’m going to call them up tomorrow to ask if there’s any more rooms available but on the website it says they don’t operate a waiting list :frown: . I’ve looked for private accom to but like you said it’s so expensive and there’s nearly none left . Hopefully there will be more soon
Original post by Nae2390
omds I’m also in the same situation. I don’t know what to do tbh . I’m going to call them up tomorrow to ask if there’s any more rooms available but on the website it says they don’t operate a waiting list :frown: . I’ve looked for private accom to but like you said it’s so expensive and there’s nearly none left . Hopefully there will be more soon

I'm also in the same situation and i'm doing a PGCE which starts September 5th but none of them accommodations let you move in until the middle or late september. Fully had an argument with a women from one of the private accommodations who told me my course couldn't possibly start until the 3rd week of september... this is becoming impossible.
Reply 9
Oh no hopefully you manage to find an accommodation soon that sucks
Reply 10
Is anyone still looking for accommodation?

There is a studio available at Vita student circle square for £392pw. The room is no longer needed so is available.

Let me know if you are interested
Original post by radsb
Is anyone still looking for accommodation?

There is a studio available at Vita student circle square for £392pw. The room is no longer needed so is available.

Let me know if you are interested

Hi is this still available? And is it okay for university of Manchester students??
Reply 12
Original post by muffins22
Hi is this still available? And is it okay for university of Manchester students??

Hi, Sorry it has now gone
Original post by muffins22

i have a studio at vita circle square if you’re still interested
i am looking for a university student who would like to be the replacement tenant from now on to 26 August 2023 at Vita Circle Square B10. It is a studio and the bill is included. You could get access to public facilities including gym, study spaces, shared dining room, and cinema room. It is very safe, and there are a lot of restaurants/supermarkets nearby. 10 minutes walk to universities and 15 minutes walk to the city centre, 398pw. let me know if you are interested.
Hi I'm an international student and I'm also going to mmu this sept. I also struggled to find an ensuite room. The mmu website says even if you're booking their private partner accommodation like the unite student ones (MMU reserved the private partner accommodation for MMU students) you should still book via the mmu portal but I also just see Cambridge left and it's just not for me: ( I was looking at rosamond house owned by unite student which has ensuite room and just 4 rooms in each flat and it's exactly what i prefer. Sadly I don't see it on mmu portal either...I'm actually doing my foundation year in the UK (not at mmu) and my accommodation is ensuite room with just 4 people in my flat including myself which i enjoy very much so I'm looking for something similar at mmu.
But I'm thinking is there a chance that current students haven't moved out yet at this moment and that's why most of the rooms aren't available yet? Just hope there would be more accommodation options...can't believe it's just May and most rooms are occupied.

Hey!! How is Rosamond house?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending