The Student Room Group

Edexcel A Level Psychology Paper 1 9PS0/01 - 24 May 2022 [Exam Chat]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by xxFelicitous
Only 10 minutes to go and i still have the entire issues and debates section...But honestly, bless the exam writers at Edexcel. Everything that came up was on the advanced information and i know i wont be that lucky for my other exam board subjects with quite useless vague advanced informations. I really did run out of time though and i didnt really know how to answer the correlation 8 marker for bio but i hope my paper 2 and paper 3 will make up for this paper.It wasn't bad but it wasn't great either. Most the application questions were great like the one on the practical or the cognitive 8 marker.

How did you answer the correlational 8 marker? I basically wrote about how they could conduct the study and I said to use SPearman Rho to check for a correlation then evaluated the method I had written about but I feel like that was wrong
Original post by okaywellyes
What did you guys put for the culture question I'm worried that I didn't say the right thing 😭

I wrote about Social Identity Theory and how prejudice occurs from the fact that cultures may see other cultures as outgroups + i wrote about social impact theory as some cultures have leaders etc and so if they tell the targets to not be prejudice it may reduce prejudice, but I think that was a longshot
I evaluated with realistic conflict theory and authoritarian personality etc
what did you write?
Original post by Pollyssmith
I wrote about Social Identity Theory and how prejudice occurs from the fact that cultures may see other cultures as outgroups + i wrote about social impact theory as some cultures have leaders etc and so if they tell the targets to not be prejudice it may reduce prejudice, but I think that was a longshot
I evaluated with realistic conflict theory and authoritarian personality etc
what did you write?

Oh that's made me feel sm better. I did authoritarian personality and realistic conflict. Forgot about social impact if I'm being honest but at least I didn't do totally wrong! Waffled on about the actual culture part tho because I wasn't sure🥲
Oh that's made me feel sm better. I did authoritarian personality and realistic conflict. Forgot about social impact if I'm being honest but at least I didn't do totally wrong! Waffled on about the actual culture part tho because I wasn't sure🥲

I wouldn't worry, you probably picked up lots of marks in the short answer questions and even 6/8 is likely to be an A* answer. I guess we have to focus on paper 2 which I have forgotten most of the content for so it'll be a rough half term ahah
Mmm intersting, i included something about spearmans too but i also included about the girl plotting a scatter diagram to see what the correlation would look like like, i also said about workign out correlational coefficient but not sure if any of that is right.
Original post by harveygrace1
Mmm intersting, i included something about spearmans too but i also included about the girl plotting a scatter diagram to see what the correlation would look like like, i also said about workign out correlational coefficient but not sure if any of that is right.

Sounds about right, I'm just hoping paper 2 includes clinical key question and 16 marker on EWT to pull my grade up
The short answer questions were good, but the 8 markers weren't great espeically the one on Bandura's 1965 study, they could have done 1961

If it helps a lot of people apparently skipped it or barley wrote anything, i was lucky and had covered it but i know many people struggled

Nooo I forgot about authoritarian personality! I wrote about the replication of tajfels study in new zealand
Original post by _faith_x1
I ran out of time

sameeeee i barley wrote much for issues and debates ffs
Original post by _faith_x1
I ran out of time

Me too!
Original post by marniewyatt1234
Nooo I forgot about authoritarian personality! I wrote about the replication of tajfels study in new zealand

and me! but i used it as A03 of individualism and collectivism
Reply 31
What did you guys put for the culture question I'm worried that I didn't say the right thing 😭

The norm of intolerance - John Baldwin states that all culture are ethnocentric to some extent ....

Some culture reflect the individualist collectivist continuum ....

Margaret wetherell minimal group experiment
Reply 32
Original post by marniewyatt1234

How did u link it to culture - I mostly talked about Margaret wetherell replication of tajfel and John Baldwin ethnocentrism and hofsteades Continuum
Sounds about right, I'm just hoping paper 2 includes clinical key question and 16 marker on EWT to pull my grade up

yeh key question defo will come up in some capacity- just worried about child section because I have forgotten everything
Original post by harveygrace1
yeh key question defo will come up in some capacity- just worried about child section because I have forgotten everything

Omg I do child too. I honestly have no clue what the 16 and 8 markers could be. What do u think?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending