The Student Room Group

Prose revision

How are people revising for prose? I’m doing The Handmaids Tale and Frankenstein but I’m not sure what kind of revision resources I can be marking
I do tess of the durbervilles and wuthering heights and i really struggle with the prose exam. I think I might just try and learn some quotes and hope that whatever question I get I can use them for and that I can think of some ideas for maybe?
Reply 2
Original post by miwalsh20a
I do tess of the durbervilles and wuthering heights and i really struggle with the prose exam. I think I might just try and learn some quotes and hope that whatever question I get I can use them for and that I can think of some ideas for maybe?

I thought about that but we get the texts in the exam so I feel like it would be a waste of time if I roughly know where they are. I know a lot of the context and historical notes but other than practice questions there’s no a lot I can do
Hi I do the same texts as you and I also find this exam really hard to revise for and the timing for it is absolutely disgusting. I think what I'm going to do is make chapter summaries with key transferrable quotes that I can use for multiple questions and then mainly my revision will literally just be essay plans because in English it all depends on the question you get on the day. It's kind of annoying cause I can revise all day and night but if the question is something completely different and difficult then I'm stuck regardless.

What about the drama paper...how are you revising for it?
Reply 4
I do Othello and a streetcar named desire for drama. I used quizlet to make Othello critic flash cards and for streetcar I made a scene by scene break down with one quote from each scene
Original post by Jenna2003
I do Othello and a streetcar named desire for drama. I used quizlet to make Othello critic flash cards and for streetcar I made a scene by scene break down with one quote from each scene

I do the same plays as you for drama too. I’m just making essay plans and also used quizlet for Othello crit. Hopefully the question is good.
Reply 6
Original post by studypoet
I do the same plays as you for drama too. I’m just making essay plans and also used quizlet for Othello crit. Hopefully the question is good.

I'm really worried about the structure at the moment. My teacher keeps giving me different feedback every time but my grade is staying the same; i was getting As in year 12 but at the moment i'm stuck on C's and i have no clue what i need to do to fix it. My teacher keeps on picking on little things but without a clear explanation.

Quick Reply

Latest