The Student Room Group

EDUQAS Biology A level (Biology Component 2 Continuity Life) 17-06-2022 09:00

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sunfish/Squid
Thats actually such a good deduction :0

My teacher speed ran that topic so its not looking good for me...

Are you going to revise cell division? I think we kind of have to for the other topics :frown:

I've seen you on the OCR A chem thread. Do you go loreto college by any chance?
Original post by squishpenguin
ok so i honestly found it really good! the 9-marker was good and the rest of the questions i was able to answer but might have messed up on the magnification and the epu :u: how did everyone else feel about it?

Everything was good except for that EPU question and the one about snails. Those two questions were really similar and so I put selective advantage for both as it gives camouflage and increases allele frequency. But now I realise that it might've been founders effect or allopatric speciation so I've lost 3 marks at most there. The QER was very easy. For the question about why amylase production slows down after day 8, did you put because they are able to photosynthesise?
omg so do i! do you take ocr chem and edexcel maths by any chance?

Are you also from loreto college?
ok so i honestly found it really good! the 9-marker was good and the rest of the questions i was able to answer but might have messed up on the magnification and the epu :u: how did everyone else feel about it?

I thought it was quite difficult, but I did manage to answer everything. I thought a lot of the questions were worded really weirdly which is why It seemed quite hard. The 9QER was good though :smile:
What did you all put for the epu questions
Original post by Exciting95135
Everything was good except for that EPU question and the one about snails. Those two questions were really similar and so I put selective advantage for both as it gives camouflage and increases allele frequency. But now I realise that it might've been founders effect or allopatric speciation so I've lost 3 marks at most there. The QER was very easy. For the question about why amylase production slows down after day 8, did you put because they are able to photosynthesise?

yeah i put that and no i’m not from loreto college 😅
Original post by Abbey_X.X_
What did you all put for the epu questions

had no idea forgot to revise so i guessed 3.6 for one of them

guys you know if you write where there are no lines , will it still get marked ? and for the graph did you do for to for or turn it into bar charts which were connected ?
Original post by gracetech03
guys you know if you write where there are no lines , will it still get marked ? and for the graph did you do for to for or turn it into bar charts which were connected ?

i think it does get marked but it’s best not to. and the graph i just did dot to dot (so a line graph) and then the range bars on the same point
What did everyone get for the mean of the agar plates and what value for each plate
Original post by Warishamid
What did everyone get for the mean of the agar plates and what value for each plate

18,18,19 and the mean I got 18 because all the others had no decimal places. But maybe other people got different idk
i think it does get marked but it’s best not to. and the graph i just did dot to dot (so a line graph) and then the range bars on the same point

I don't think it was a line graph was it? I just did dots and a range

Sorry I was just asking since u do all the same examboards and not many people do eduqas biology lol

oh my i done a bar chart
Original post by Exciting95135
Sorry I was just asking since u do all the same examboards and not many people do eduqas biology lol

no problem haha i thought my school was the only one to choose eduqas too til i found this thread 😆
Original post by gracetech03

If it’s inside that boxed area then yeah it definitely will be (as long as they can read it/make out what it says, that is), but if it’s outside the box I’m not as certain as some people have said it won’t, whilst others have said it will
Hey! I’m doing my eduqas biology exams next year and since you guys did it this year could you guys please help me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending