The Student Room Group

In person Pride events!

Pride is going to be special for a lot of people this year (myself included) as the first time many of us can go to in-person Pride events :dance:

Even if it's not your first in person Pride, it must also be exciting if you're going to your first event in two years :eek:

I'm planning to go to London Pride Parade with a group of uni friends which is really exciting :biggrin: It's poignant as I had plans to go in 2020, which were obviously scuppered, with school friends - and now two years later I'm in a completely different place.

I also don't know which flag I should get to take - torn between a bi flag, trans flag and good old fashioned rainbows :colondollar:

Are you also going to in person Pride events, maybe for the first time? Let me know what you're planning! Or if you've been before and have tips for the newbies, I'd love to hear them :yes:
(edited 1 year ago)
My first pride was in 2017, a few months after I had come out to my parent. Although I had just left school I still wasn't super comfortable being visible so me and my parent both wore these massive floppy hats :lol: we are on video somewhere just these two random people in pride flags with incognito hats :rofl:

Ive been every year since with my parent apart from the last two years for obvious reasons.

I hope everyone attending has a great pride :pride:
Original post by becausethenight
Pride is going to be special for a lot of people this year (myself included) as the first time many of us can go to in-person Pride events :dance:

Even if it's not your first in person Pride, it must also be exciting if you're going to your first event in two years :eek:

I'm planning to go to London Pride Parade with a group of uni friends which is really exciting :biggrin: It's poignant as I had plans to go in 2020, which were obviously scuppered, with school friends - and now two years later I'm in a completely different place.

I also don't know which flag I should get to take - torn between a bi flag, trans flag and good old fashioned rainbows :colondollar:

Are you also going to in person Pride events, maybe for the first time? Let me know what you're planning! Or if you've been before and have tips for the newbies, I'd love to hear them :yes:

if you have an all-inclusion pride flag I will go with that! (if you don't know what that is it's basically the rainbow flag with
a few other stripes on the end including ones for POC LGBTQ members and specific trans stripes!
Original post by CoolCavy
My first pride was in 2017, a few months after I had come out to my parent. Although I had just left school I still wasn't super comfortable being visible so me and my parent both wore these massive floppy hats :lol: we are on video somewhere just these two random people in pride flags with incognito hats :rofl:

Ive been every year since with my parent apart from the last two years for obvious reasons.

I hope everyone attending has a great pride :pride:

Aww that sounds so sweet :heart: It's lovely that your parent could go with you! Bet the floppy hats were good for sun protection too :biggrin:
Original post by tortilla.leah
if you have an all-inclusion pride flag I will go with that! (if you don't know what that is it's basically the rainbow flag with
a few other stripes on the end including ones for POC LGBTQ members and specific trans stripes!

Yeah the Progress Pride flag! That is a shout, I'll look and see if I can get a huge one :smile:
Reply 5
Feeling a bit sad because my hometown's pride is held in September but I'm (hopefully) going away to uni this year so won't be around for it. I bought a pan flag this year and have recently figured out my gender identity so thought it would be a really cool year to go to my first pride parade. Anyway, the university I want to go to has pride in August which is too early as well so I just missed the mark for both :mad: anyways I hope everyone else has a good time at their pride parades/did have if it's already happened :smile:
Original post by LJ234
Feeling a bit sad because my hometown's pride is held in September but I'm (hopefully) going away to uni this year so won't be around for it. I bought a pan flag this year and have recently figured out my gender identity so thought it would be a really cool year to go to my first pride parade. Anyway, the university I want to go to has pride in August which is too early as well so I just missed the mark for both :mad: anyways I hope everyone else has a good time at their pride parades/did have if it's already happened :smile:

Aw no, it's such a shame they don't overlap :hugs:There's always next year - you could go to both?
I hope you can join a pride soc at your uni maybe? :heart:
Reply 7
Yeah I'll look into it :smile: thanks
Aw no, it's such a shame they don't overlap :hugs:There's always next year - you could go to both?
I hope you can join a pride soc at your uni maybe? :heart:
I'm currently trying to organise some of my friends to go to our first Pride parade :biggrin:
Original post by CatusStarbright
I'm currently trying to organise some of my friends to go to our first Pride parade :biggrin:

Omg exciting :dance:
We're getting increasingly organised - our group chat is called "gays and dolls" :lol:
Omg exciting :dance:
We're getting increasingly organised - our group chat is called "gays and dolls" :lol:

Amazing!

Quick Reply

Latest