The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6240
caraniel
Still needs moar Gin & Aizen :huff:

Nah, though a little Hisagi wouldn't go amiss. He reminds me of Kotetsu in Naruto :w00t:

Oh, timer's kicking in in a couple of minutes so I'm off to bed. Night! :ciao:

@vin-kun: But it's Byakuya! There's never enough Byakuya.
Reply 6241
vin
yeh you suck at it:yes:

shut up :puppyeyes:
night Cooro :hugs:
Reply 6244
Night Cooro! :hugs:

:rofl: Jeh!
Jehuty^

done, what do i do now :erm:
Reply 6246
Cooro
Ahh, this week's Bleach was absolutely perfect- chock full of Byakuya being cool and manly, as it should be :yep:

Manly? Remember this Ro-ro? :p:

Edit: Night Cooro :ciao:
Reply 6247
8 eugenius
done, what do i do now :erm:

You wait :teeth:
Reply 6248
Cooro
Nah, though a little Hisagi wouldn't go amiss. He reminds me of Kotetsu in Naruto :w00t:

Oh, timer's kicking in in a couple of minutes so I'm off to bed. Night! :ciao:

@vin-kun: But it's Byakuya! There's never enough Byakuya.

:huff:goodnight
ok :teeth:
Reply 6250
Matisse
Monster was undoubtably one of the better series during 2004 and is likely to be right up there as one of the 'best' series for its demographic. However, I personally felt that Juuni Kokki, Moribito: Guardian of the Spirit, Escaflowne, Serial Experiments Lain, Blood+, Paranoia Agent, the Ghost in the Shell series (Stand Alone Complex) and the Ghibli films, to name but a few, were 'better' for their respective genres, amongst many others. It's important to realize that whilst Monster held many qualities, I received an equal, if not larger, appreciation (for different reasons) for other series, of which I've certainly seen my fair share (hundreds, verging into the thousands).

I also felt that Monster became rather episodic and longwinded during the midsection and could have served better with less backstory, that didn't seem to amount to much in the end. The characters are likable, to an extent, particularly that of Tenma and Anna/Nina but the rest, including the infamous Johan, just seemed contrived, despite his initial mystique. I place a large emphasis on overall enjoyment when judging a series. Monster delivered that enjoyment, absolutely, but not in the same way as many others did. For that reason alone, I'll never judge a series as 'best', when its so distinct in its own genre.

I agree it became episodic but its unreasonable to expect any anime lasting 74 episodes to not be episodic. Also, the episodic episodes served similar quality of moral lessons to great animes such as Kino no tabi/Mushishi.

Yeah, I'm excluding films when I talk about anime. I wasn't very impressed by Escaflowne or Blood. Serial Experiments Lain was good though...
Reply 6251
The next Bleach movie looks............interesting :lolwut:
Reply 6252

Engrish :rofl:
Reply 6253
caraniel
The next Bleach movie looks............interesting :lolwut:

super special?
Jehuty^

Engrish :rofl:

wtf :rofl: :s:
Reply 6255
Yes, Super Special interesting.

:rofl: Engrish is great.
Reply 6256
still not seen diamond dust reballion:giggle: had it downloaded since the actual thing was released...not the troll XD
Reply 6257
:rofl:

Spoiler

Ikkaku is the awesomest.

DDR was okay, probably great for Hitsugaya fans though. I preferred the 1st movie.
Reply 6258

:lolwut:
Reply 6259
:giggle:

Latest