Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How do you deal with a genuine tutor from hell who recklessly lets you wait all week for an assignment because the stupid person can't "make up his mind" whence he gives you a 12-page problem sheet (twice the normal size) plus all the reading for it to be handed in 48 hours later?
    I mean, seriously. I need time to do notes and digest the reading before tackling the problem sheet.

Grrrr

ReputationRep:
    Name and shame!

ReputationRep:
    If this is happening regularly then tell your senior tutor/dean. That's not a sustainable pattern.

ReputationRep:
    That just sounds like post-2nd year scientists to me... Presumably if you're this angry then you're a fresher - but later in your academic career it's gonna get a helluva lot more common - not necessarily because of tutors being useless, but just because they try to match you up with a tute they've already done, or they go away and forget they haven't given you the title, or you haven't had the lectures yet.... As Feef says if it happens regularly then get in touch with the senior tutor, but if it's a once off then suck it up and accept that you CAN do it in 48 hours because let's face it, when did you ever actually spend the 7 days working?
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    This happened to me once with a tutor. We had 36 hours to read for and write an essay that had no title, reading list or direction ("Write an essay about your particular area of interest in this [obscure] subject" ). We were unimpressed and complained. The response?

"Well you know, we did tell you about this at the interviews..."

Um, no they didn't...

ReputationRep:
    simply put if it all gets too much speak to your senior tutor - thats what they are paid for

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.