The Student Room Group

OASC

Greetings everyone.

I'm currently serving in the Army and attempting to transfer to the AAC as NCO Aircrew. I passed CBAT last week and have received my invite letters for the medical board and OASC, taking place about a week apart respectively.

My question is about OASC, and more specifically the command/leadership exercises.
Firstly, while partaking as the leader, will it be detrimental for me to accept suggestions and/or let the other guys know in my initial brief that I will accept suggestions should we hit a roadblock on progress.

Secondly, while someone else is leader am I marked down for speaking up with my own suggestions etc?

Sorry for the bone question. 'Thinking soldier' at all levels is what I'm used to, I'm just unsure if this is what they're looking for or if they want leaders to lead and everyone else to listen.
About OASC...
The short answer is no. It is perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged, to accept suggestions from your subordinates during the command/leadership exercises at OASC. In fact, openly soliciting suggestions from your team shows that you are confident in your own abilities and are willing to listen to others in order to achieve the best possible outcome.
Reply 2
Original post by Ericthewriter
About OASC...
The short answer is no. It is perfectly acceptable, and even encouraged, to accept suggestions from your subordinates during the command/leadership exercises at OASC. In fact, openly soliciting suggestions from your team shows that you are confident in your own abilities and are willing to listen to others in order to achieve the best possible outcome.

Thank you for the quick reply. I appreciate it.
You are welcome

Quick Reply

Latest