The Student Room Group

struggling to reocover from a 3 day binge

i just feel completely braindead but lowkey anxious too. and i feel irritable af and i'm really hungry but i can't eat because i'm nauseous. i need advice. would like a 1 day smoothie detox/fast help?
genuinely curious, why do you do this to yourself?

hopefully this doesn't come across as judging, I'm just struggling to understand and I'd like to

feel better soon
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Elizabeth II
genuinely curious, why do you do this to yourself?

hopefully this doesn't come across as judging, I'm just struggling to understand and I'd like to

feel better soon

it felt really good at the time
Original post by Ciel.
i just feel completely braindead but lowkey anxious too. and i feel irritable af and i'm really hungry but i can't eat because i'm nauseous. i need advice. would like a 1 day smoothie detox/fast help?

Hi there.

It may be wise to see your GP or another health care professional about this if you don't feel better soon. Please try to take care in future to prevent this happening again.

Best wishes. :smile:
Original post by Ciel.
it felt really good at the time

i see, i remember posts from you several years ago and you were struggling with this sort of thing then too long term it doesn't seem like the short-term gain of feeling good is worth it. to be honest though, I don't want to sound like i'm patronising you, we're strangers on the internet at the end of the day - so nothing either of us says really matters. all the same, i hope you're able to recover and find a better way to cope. it sounds like this has been affecting your life for a long time now.

best wishes - I hope you get help
Reply 5
Original post by TriplexA
Hi there.

It may be wise to see your GP or another health care professional about this if you don't feel better soon. Please try to take care in future to prevent this happening again.

Best wishes. :smile:

ok i'll be ok, thanks. might need a couple days tho, just looking for ways to speed up the process i guess, haha
Reply 6
Original post by Elizabeth II
i see, i remember posts from you several years ago and you were struggling with this sort of thing then too long term it doesn't seem like the short-term gain of feeling good is worth it. to be honest though, I don't want to sound like i'm patronising you, we're strangers on the internet at the end of the day - so nothing either of us says really matters. all the same, i hope you're able to recover and find a better way to cope. it sounds like this has been affecting your life for a long time now.

best wishes - I hope you get help

yeah i've been on benzos since college. but normally i take them for sleep issues/insomnia. in moderation. sometimes i just go a little overboard i guess....
thanks
(edited 1 year ago)
If you can, you could try to eat the following: apples, crackers, something with lemon, ginger, or mint. These can help to settle the stomach if you're struggling with nausea. Eat a little at a time, don't rush yourself.

You could definitely substitute complete foods for a smoothie if you truly can't bring yourself to eat anything. Fruit may also help with hydration. I do really recommend ginger or lemon, though.

Drink plenty of water. You may find hot water with lemon to be refreshing.

You could try some mindfulness/meditation to help soothe your anxiety. There are some apps you may be able to download, or YouTube videos. Just try to do something that will relax you.

If at any point you feel like your symptoms are getting much worse, I'd recommend speaking to your doctor.

Hope this helps.
Reply 8
Original post by Meduse
If you can, you could try to eat the following: apples, crackers, something with lemon, ginger, or mint. These can help to settle the stomach if you're struggling with nausea. Eat a little at a time, don't rush yourself.

You could definitely substitute complete foods for a smoothie if you truly can't bring yourself to eat anything. Fruit may also help with hydration. I do really recommend ginger or lemon, though.

Drink plenty of water. You may find hot water with lemon to be refreshing.

You could try some mindfulness/meditation to help soothe your anxiety. There are some apps you may be able to download, or YouTube videos. Just try to do something that will relax you.

If at any point you feel like your symptoms are getting much worse, I'd recommend speaking to your doctor.

Hope this helps.

we do have some crackers and apples so might give that a try
thanks

Quick Reply

Latest