The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Official King's College London 2023 Applicant Thread

Hi everyone!

Thinking of applying to study at King's College London?

Use this thread to chat with other applicants and find more about the university.

Introduce yourself with the example format below:
- What subjects are you currently studying?
- Which course are you applying for?
- Why KCL?
- What's a fun fact about yourself?

You can find a list of the other applicant threads here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Best of luck!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I guess I am the first person here!

- What subjects are you currently studying? Biology, Chemistry, Maths, Welsh Baccalaureate
- Which course are you applying for? Biomedical Science
- Why KCL? The course is very flexible and offers modules I am really interested in, the teaching is apparently very good, also the location (I am from a small town, so London is exciting to me)
- What's a fun fact about yourself? I hate these questions lmao, but I do karate so I guess that's quite interesting :smile:
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
I think I'm the second person here. 1. I do the IB, so I take around 6 subjects; Higher level Literature, Business, and Economics (which is currently kicking my ass), and Standard Level ESS, Math Apps, and Spanish Ab.2. I'm interested in applying for the business management course3. I think KCL isn't only an incredibly accredited Uni, but one that provides an opportunity to meet new people and understand a wider range of perspectives. 4. A fun fact about myself is that I enjoy doing archery. I'd appreciate any and all advice, especially if I'm feeling weary of my chances at KCL and whether or not KCL is open to offering places to grades lower than the requirement.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 3
courses: history
unis: UoB, Uni of leeds, uni of manchester, cardiff university, university of bristol, goldsmiths university, london (some are reach)
ib predicted: 34-37 (including tok/ee)
extracirrculars: war history course, global history (2 programes), 1 course on philosophy, digital volunteering with smithsonian institute for 2 months, western classical music (for 11 years), creating educational assignments and acticvities for underprivilleged children, participated in essay competitions (results yet to be declared)

would love to know how good are my chances?
:zz <3
- What subjects are you currently studying? Maths, History, Economics
- Which course are you applying for? PPE
- Why KCL? Nice location, RG
- Also applying for Oxford, lse, ucl and warwick
(edited 1 year ago)
Hey just wondering if any other international students got asked by Kings to upload transcripts? Trying to work out if this is a good sign haha
Hey :smile:
I am currently studying A-Level Politics, History, English and Drama - predicted A*A*A*A respectively
I have applied for Politics and I'm hoping to hear back soon as I've already gotten a few responses...
I loved the KCL open day and the lecturers were really engaging - plus the campus was really pretty too! I would also love to study in London :P
Fun fact about me: I really like journalism and am currently write for a current affairs blog!
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Hi everyone!

Use this thread to chat with other applicants and find more about the university.

- Why KCL?

You can find a list of the other applicant threads here: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7253776

Best of luck!

Economics, English Lit, Geography
A*AA predicted
Geography
offer received for BA Geography on 7th, AAB
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by IBkidinthecorner
Hi everyone!

- Why KCL?

Best of luck!

(Isn't there already an official KCL 2023 thread? Oh well. :shrug: )

- What subjects are you currently studying? Biology, chemistry, psychology and environmental science
- Which course are you applying for? Biomedical science
hi!!
im currently studying chemistry, biology, and psychology (predicted A*AA)
im applying for psychology w a year abroad & sent off my ucas on 11/11
got an offer from kings on 18/11 :smile:
Am a bit late to this thread:colondollar:

Am applying for international relations.. which is super nerve wracking as I know that its crazy competetive, am currently studying Geography, Economics and Politics at A-Level. sent my application to my college yesterday who audit it, but should be sent pretty quickly by them anyways.. reading the responses on this thread, it seems people are getting responses fairly quickly ??
applying to KCL for the same reason as my other choices (UCL, St. Andrews, Exeter and Bristol) because they're bloomin good Unis ! but in all seriousness the structure of the course and location of the uni is soo good and living in a rural area it would be nice to see some diversity for a change!
Original post by wdanorv
Am a bit late to this thread:colondollar:

Am applying for international relations.. which is super nerve wracking as I know that its crazy competetive, am currently studying Geography, Economics and Politics at A-Level. sent my application to my college yesterday who audit it, but should be sent pretty quickly by them anyways.. reading the responses on this thread, it seems people are getting responses fairly quickly ??
applying to KCL for the same reason as my other choices (UCL, St. Andrews, Exeter and Bristol) because they're bloomin good Unis ! but in all seriousness the structure of the course and location of the uni is soo good and living in a rural area it would be nice to see some diversity for a change!

I'm also applying for Politics and IR. I sent off my application 2 weeks ago and already have some offers but most choices are different form yours (except UCL and Kcl). Don't freak out if it takes a while though I heard those unis take quite a long time.
Reply 12
Does anyone have offers for Economics
Has anyone got an offer for business management ?
I got a rejection:colondollar::u:
Original post by jngungi35
I got a rejection:colondollar::u:

I'm sorry to hear that :sigh: Here's hoping your other choices will give you offers. Which course did you get rejected from, if you don't mind me asking?
How long did it take to receive an offer after they received your application?

Thanks
Original post by momin2023
Economics, English Lit, Geography
A*AA predicted
Geography
offer received for BA Geography on 7th, AAB

Hi,
How long did it take to receive the offer once they had received your application?
Thanks
Original post by KlawzGG
How long did it take to receive an offer after they received your application?

Thanks

Four days for me! :h:
alevel - biology A*, maths A*, chemistry A, epq A

- biochemistry

- Why KCL?
- in london and a good all round uni

- I have 3 grade 8s in violin, piano and singing and a violin ltcl diploma

Quick Reply

Latest