The Student Room Group

brighton college entrance exams 16+

hey! I'm applying to Brighton for 6th form and I have no idea what to expect for the entrance exams. Any tips?
Reply 1
Original post by amelia.c.r
hey! I'm applying to Brighton for 6th form and I have no idea what to expect for the entrance exams. Any tips?

Hey! No help Im afraid but I'm also applying so following this thread! I know its a verbal reasoning & maths paper but would be good to get some advice and tips from some last years successful intake. thx

Hi! I’m also sitting it too! I’m literally so scared rn😭😭, best of luck💖
Reply 3

ahh I know this reply isn't useful but I'm applying too this year and I haven't been able to find anything helpful about the entrance exams 😭
Reply 4

Hii I'm applying for 6th form too! From what I've heard, theres 5 sections. First section is verbal reasoning, second section is essay questions apparently which responds to data or something like that, third section is for science (pretty theres a few questions for all three) which probably will have things like graphs etc and the fourth section is non calc maths questions like giving proof. The fifth section is english where theres gonna be a text with around 15 questions. Then 45 minutes on a passage with some more questions. Three 8 markers, one 6 marker and the rest are 2 markers apparently which are answered just in the PEE style. This is what I heard was on the entrance test last year and obviously I dont know if this is 100% correct but its what I'm basing my revision on 😭😭 good luck to you all!!!
Reply 5
Original post by bellad2
Hii I'm applying for 6th form too! From what I've heard, theres 5 sections. First section is verbal reasoning, second section is essay questions apparently which responds to data or something like that, third section is for science (pretty theres a few questions for all three) which probably will have things like graphs etc and the fourth section is non calc maths questions like giving proof. The fifth section is english where theres gonna be a text with around 15 questions. Then 45 minutes on a passage with some more questions. Three 8 markers, one 6 marker and the rest are 2 markers apparently which are answered just in the PEE style. This is what I heard was on the entrance test last year and obviously I dont know if this is 100% correct but its what I'm basing my revision on 😭😭 good luck to you all!!!

omg this is so helpful thank you!!
Reply 6
Original post by kloutless
omg this is so helpful thank you!!

dww!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending