The Student Room Group

Research Jobs

Hey, I recently graduated in Biomedical Sciences and am looking for research science jobs. I wanted to kindly ask if anyone could help me in looking for research jobs for cancer research UK, British Heart foundation or Alzheimer’s society.

Thanks, all the help would be appreciated!
Original post by Saf06
Hey, I recently graduated in Biomedical Sciences and am looking for research science jobs. I wanted to kindly ask if anyone could help me in looking for research jobs for cancer research UK, British Heart foundation or Alzheimer’s society.

Thanks, all the help would be appreciated!

Its been 11 months, are you still looking for science research jobs?
Reply 2
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Its been 11 months, are you still looking for science research jobs?

Hi, yea I still am looking
Original post by Saf06
Hi, yea I still am looking

Can you work at the university you studied at?
That seems like quite a small range of companies to apply to, especially as it's not uncommon straight out of uni to have to apply to dozens of places before you get an interview and eventually an offer. Moreover, depending on where you live you may need to consider relocating as a lot of research companies tend to be somewhat a distance away from major cities. The first thing I'd recommend doing is choosing your desired work location and then searching for science parks in the area as these tend to contain a lot of chemical, biochemical and biological companies in the same location. If there are no major science parks near you then as I said, you may need to seriously consider moving closer to one so that you don't have an insane commute. Then you can generally find a website for the science park in question that will usually contain a list of the companies located there. You can then go through the companies one by one and see whether you like the look of any as well as browse their career sections. Then start making applications and as it seems you've been searching for a year now you need to cast your net wider and apply for a larger range of companies. Once you're employed and have real industry experience it could then be easier for you to apply to the companies you list in your OP.
(edited 7 months ago)
Original post by BankaiGintoki
Can you work at the university you studied at?

You would generally need a PhD to be eligible for professional research positions (post docs) at universities.
Original post by Plantagenet Crown
That seems like quite a small range of companies to apply to, especially as it's not uncommon straight out of uni to have to apply to dozens of places before you get an interview and eventually an offer. Moreover, depending on where you live you may need to consider relocating as a lot of research companies tend to be somewhat a distance away from major cities. The first thing I'd recommend doing is choosing your desired work location and then searching for science parks in the area as these tend to contain a lot of chemical, biochemical and biological companies in the same location. If there are no major science parks near you then as I said, you may need to seriously consider moving closer to one so that you don't have an insane commute. Then you can generally find a website for the science park in question that will usually contain a list of the companies located there. You can then go through the companies one by one and see whether you like the look of any as well as browse their career sections. Then start making applications and as it seems you've been searching for a year now you need to cast your net wider and apply for a larger range of companies. Once you're employed and have real industry experience it could then be easier for you to apply to the companies you list in your OP.

Thank you for your knowledge
Reply 7
Original post by Plantagenet Crown

Thanks so much, will you be able to drop me a DM please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending