The Student Room Group

UBS 2023 Graduate Talent Program

Hello,
I am in the midst of applying for the Group Research role as part of the Graduate Talent Program for 2023. I graduated on the 30th of June this year with a 2:1 in BA(Hons) Finance. However I have noticed that the first question in the application which is also asked later is: "Are you currently on track or have obtained at least a 2:1 (or equivalent) in your first undergraduate degree?" - I am unsure whether to answer yes or no to this question as my degree in Finance is not the first degree which I obtained although it is my most recent one, I have a previous degree in Computer Science for which I got less than a 2:1 and therefor I was thinking by the specifics of the question I should answer: no. I was therefor wondering what people thought about how I should answer this question and whether I should therefor proceed with the application? Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Scroll to see replies

That's a difficult one! I would personally contact their careers department via email, because I have no idea.
Since they asked specifically for "first" degree I would be inclined to think they are asking about your Computer Science degree, but if you select 2:2 it may not let you complete the rest of your application, since the requirement is 2:1 right?

So sorry I couldn't help!
Has anyone got an invite for assessment centers, for any division(especially technology)?
Original post by jarvis_01
Has anyone got an invite for assessment centers, for any division(especially technology)?

I am just about to undergo the technology video interview. Any tips for it Jarvis?
Original post by robert7651
I am just about to undergo the technology video interview. Any tips for it Jarvis?

It's mostly a competency-based interview. There are 7-8 questions.1 min to prepare, and 2 min to respond.
I would suggest just revising your past experiences and trying to align those to show skills like time management, adaptability, and leadership. And just prepare for the common interview question, they don't ask anything technical. Also, learn about UBS as they will ask about your motivation to join them or your motivation for technology.
Reply 5
There were also some commercial awareness questions, like recent story from the news, where would you invest 1 mil $.
It's mostly a competency-based interview. There are 7-8 questions.1 min to prepare, and 2 min to respond.
I would suggest just revising your past experiences and trying to align those to show skills like time management, adaptability, and leadership. And just prepare for the common interview question, they don't ask anything technical. Also, learn about UBS as they will ask about your motivation to join them or your motivation for technology.

I did the Video-interview a couple days ago, I think it went well, hopefully they get back soon. Have you been invited to the assessment centre?
I had a question about how do i keep up with the financial industry
Original post by brodyyy
There were also some commercial awareness questions, like recent story from the news, where would you invest 1 mil $.
Original post by robert7651
I did the Video-interview a couple days ago, I think it went well, hopefully they get back soon. Have you been invited to the assessment centre?

Not yet, it's almost a month now completing my VI. Still didn't get any update.
Reply 9
If you need help passing the assignments I would highly recommend getgraduatejob c o m.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by mikey999
They can take up to 2 months to come back to you after VI.

did you attend the assessment center for UBS before?
Here I was thinking id be getting the results this week at least :s-smilie:
Has anyone got a reply after VI yet? x
Original post by gradgirl123
Has anyone got a reply after VI yet? x

nope, but one of my friend got rejection.
nope, but one of my friend got rejection.

Oh wow. So they’ve started looking through the VI’s… good luck to us all!
Not yet, it's almost a month now completing my VI. Still didn't get any update.

Sadly, I got a rejection a couple days ago, but we move on to the next, good luck hopefully you hear back soon with an invite to the next stage
Anyone heard from wealth management post VI ?
Original post by 2022grad3747
Anyone heard from wealth management post VI ?

Nope... nothing yet!
Original post by gradgirl123
Nope... nothing yet!

When did you guys do the VI?
Original post by ellisg2000
When did you guys do the VI?

I did mine just over a month ago. You? x

Quick Reply

Latest