The Student Room Group

Cambridge Theology Applicants 2023

hi we seem to be a rare breed so wondering if anyone on here is applying for theology, religion and philosophy of religion at Cambridge for 2023 entry?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi! I am. What college are you? Where else have you applied?
Original post by imotis
hi we seem to be a rare breed so wondering if anyone on here is applying for theology, religion and philosophy of religion at Cambridge for 2023 entry?
Original post by lucdug

Hi, I am too! :smile: I've applied to Newnham College, what about you?
Queens for me --> interview but very worried about test!

Original post by laurenw17
Hi, I am too! :smile: I've applied to Newnham College, what about you?
Applied for: Durham, St A, Cambridge (Queen's), Exeter (offer), and Nottingham (offer) so far! Hbu
Original post by lucdug
Original post by imooo3493
Queens for me --> interview but very worried about test!

Congrats on the interview! I haven't heard back from Newnham yet. Yeah, the test for TRPR seems hard to prepare for which makes me nervous. Have you watched the sample lectures on the Divinity website?
Yup except it seems this year it is timed! I was used to preparing going by the 48hr norm and so this has thrown me off...!! More test details to follow but now stressing about how it will work :smile:
Congrats on the interview! I haven't heard back from Newnham yet. Yeah, the test for TRPR seems hard to prepare for which makes me nervous. Have you watched the sample lectures on the Divinity website?
Yup except it seems this year it is timed! I was used to preparing going by the 48hr norm and so this has thrown me off...!! More test details to follow but now stressing about how it will work :smile:

Oh really?! I hope it's not timed lol... If you've already watched the practice lectures, then I'm sure you will be okay :smile: do you know when you'll find out more about the test?
Oh really?! I hope it's not timed lol... If you've already watched the practice lectures, then I'm sure you will be okay :smile: do you know when you'll find out more about the test?

Apparently the 15th onwards and find more out abt interview anytime in the next 2 weeks --> terrified!!!! Hbu & where else did you apply!
(edited 1 year ago)
Apparently the 15th onwards and find more out abt interview anytime in the next 2 weeks --> terrified!!!! Hbu & where else did you apply!

Me too I don’t even want to think about interviews!! I should hear back from Newnham by the 15th :smile: I’ve applied to Durham, Glasgow, Newcastle (offer) & Leeds (offer) What A levels are you taking?
same wtf!
I have applied for theology but went for sidney sussex... have you guys done much int prep / assessment prep
Another theology applicant here, I applied to Selwyn. If you get invited for an assessment does that mean that you're through for interview? I have not prepared anywhere near enough so I'm super nervous!
SAME and yes it does !! :smile:
Original post by jamie_hemingway
Another theology applicant here, I applied to Selwyn. If you get invited for an assessment does that mean that you're through for interview? I have not prepared anywhere near enough so I'm super nervous!
Original post by honor_ley
I have applied for theology but went for sidney sussex... have you guys done much int prep / assessment prep

I’ve done a bit of prep for both, hbu?

I don’t know how to prep?! So I am sort of just going over my ps and essays and hoping for the best
Is it likely that they actually ask about the written work in the interview if the essays aren't explicitly focused on theology? the ones that I submitted were English and philosophy papers and I don't know whether I should revise the content really thoroughly or not
Original post by honor_ley
I don’t know how to prep?! So I am sort of just going over my ps and essays and hoping for the best

Yeah I’ve been doing the same & my school has organised a mock interview for me as well. There’s practice lectures on the divinity website so I’ve been using them for the assessment practice :smile:
Original post by jamie_hemingway
Is it likely that they actually ask about the written work in the interview if the essays aren't explicitly focused on theology? the ones that I submitted were English and philosophy papers and I don't know whether I should revise the content really thoroughly or not

idk, they might ask you about the philosophy one bc that’s more to do with theology? what was the topic of the philosophy paper you submitted?
How are you preparing - worried nothing is helping!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending