The Student Room Group

Where do I go next

I am a third (final) year psychology with cognitive neuroscience student. I have been looking into my next moves. Ultimately, I want to complete Psych Dclin.

I have decided to take a break and not complete a masters.
I am not really sure what to do now. I have done research on apprenticeships, internship and volunteering.

I would like to join the PWP training course at UCL or King but i don't have any mental health or clinical experience. I still want to apply even if i get rejected, i just feel behind.
Original post by Rme1102
I am a third (final) year psychology with cognitive neuroscience student. I have been looking into my next moves. Ultimately, I want to complete Psych Dclin.

I have decided to take a break and not complete a masters.
I am not really sure what to do now. I have done research on apprenticeships, internship and volunteering.

I would like to join the PWP training course at UCL or King but i don't have any mental health or clinical experience. I still want to apply even if i get rejected, i just feel behind.

You usually need experience to progress on your psychological career and, regrettably, a lot of the ways to get experience is just by volunteering or becoming a HCA in a psychiatric ward. If this PWP programme requires experience which you don't have, then applying to it at the moment would be a waste of your time, so first get the experience and then apply to this programme! Also, I strongly reccomend you get in touch with your university's career service, they'll be able to advice you better on your next move and potentially even help you get some psychological experience. Hope this was useful :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest