The Student Room Group

Are 16-18 qualifications a once in a lifetime opportunity?

Title
I'm pretty sure you can get A-levels (level 3 qualification so college level) and GCSEs (level 1 and 2 qualifications so school level) and possibly level 4 courses as adults, I know my local college does this and courses are available online.

Some you may have to pay for or it can be funded by a workplace (my sister is doing a course for work at level but online). This would need to be researched.

Hope this helps, BiomedStudent3
Moved to education debate for now
Original post by Anony345533
Title

No. You can do any level of qualification (including level 2 and 3 aka 16-18) as a mature student. Of course, you have to pay for it. But you are welcome to do the course or take the exams.

On the other hand, as you grow older the chances you will bother to go back and do your qualifications decrease.
No

However, it happens much,much less than it used to because colleges simply don’t offer the number of night school courses they once did.
You can take any qualification when you want to (might cost tho), however things like access courses have moved in to fill some of the gaps people may have from their 16-18 education
Original post by Anony345533
Title

Certainly not - I'm doing GCSEs and A-levels now (aged 24), got my GED at 19, I had no qualifications at all at 16-18. Education is for everyone and you should do it when you're ready and when you need it not to someone else's schedule.

That said, the opportunity to do them for free is a bit more time-limited!!
Reply 8
In so far as you get to have them taught and it costs you nothing to sit them, then yes. Of course, there is nothing to stop you paying for tuition or paying your own exam fees. But yes, education from years R to 13 is a once in a lifetime opportunity. Sadly, most throw it away and either never realise what they are missing or realise too late.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending