The Student Room Group

Newton Europe selection day

Hello guys, been invited to Newton Europe selection day for operations consultant. I read some reviews on Glassdoor, the process seems lengthy and tougher, any advice from anyone? Like what to do for better results. And what was the group task, individual case, and analyse and explain task look like? Thanks
Individual case was a pipeline/process analysis. Make sure to do this quickly and correctly as the time constraint is real.
You’ll get time to individually look at a part of a case for the group task, so you need everyone to come together and share what they learned to solve the problem. Let everyone talk about what data they got and go from there. Obviously if you lead that’ll be good, but volunteering to be the one to take notes or just inputting a key consideration here and there should be enough.

I took the AC last year and personally messed up in the group task - I did not make it to the afternoon session. Good luck op
Reply 2
Thank you for replying, What kind of pipeline/process? Was it anything to do with Bottlenecks and drum buffers? Really nervous :/
Original post by Rhoynar
Thank you for replying, What kind of pipeline/process? Was it anything to do with Bottlenecks and drum buffers? Really nervous :/

Yes bottlenecks. They do give you the theory and concepts so what you need the most is maths. I had no knowledge of it before the AC and this was probably my best section.

You’ve gotten this far! Worst case scenario you learn a lot and get some free brownies heh.

Also, at least last year there was an icebreaker session where you talk 1on1 with another applicant. After a few mins you need to talk about that person to the group. Make sure to be interested and open for that. The company assessing this particular exercise says quite a bit
Reply 4
Right right, I have done a bit of bottleneck in school some years ago. Not so much math though, what kind of math relating to it?
Reply 5
Like for example, in my course of manufacturing, we had a chapter which introduced bottleneck and buffers briefly, we had an exercise where we were shown a flow chart of supple chain for example and we had to identify the bottleneck, was quite simple. Does that sound familiar? Is it relevant at all? Thanks
There's a lot of percentages involved is what I remember
Reply 7
Someone told me it had questions like where to place buffers? Does it have similarities with the online numerical test in any way? Because I remember the online test was a bit about percentages and stuff
Reply 8
Whats with the numerical test validation? What was that like?
Reply 9
Original post by Rhoynar
Whats with the numerical test validation? What was that like?

Hey, can you please share your experience of the selection day. I have mine tomorrow and this would be really helpful.
Original post by Naman07
Hey, can you please share your experience of the selection day. I have mine tomorrow and this would be really helpful.

Hi are you able to share your experience? Did you reach the final interview stage?
Reply 11
Hi guys,

Please for people already at the selection day stage join this WhatsApp group chat so we can all prepare well together and communication can be made promptly and better.

Also please if you have had your selection day, you can do well to join to give us more information on how yours went.
Thank you🙏🏽

Link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/KDRjB3hiaGYGCKgYHtApUA

Quick Reply

Latest