The Student Room Group

dropped 3 grades in compsci?!!?

i’m really devastated, i was getting 7s in computer science (aqa) and suddenly dropped down to a 4/5. i really don’t know what to do, i want to do this in 6th form or college but my grade is too low, theres no past papers for me either. can someone help me with revision tips + websites.. i really want to jump back to a 7+, thank you :smile:
exam board websites usually have past papers you can practise and there is usually a CGP revision guide that you could use. It is important you also actually know the content for the exam, but also know how to approach exam questions.
Reply 2
okay thanks, my teacher gave me a revision book last week i’ll start working on that, can i use past papers from different exam boards?
if the content and the style of question is the same, maybe, but it would be better to use ones from your exam board
Reply 4
Original post by flowersinmyhair
if the content and the style of question is the same, maybe, but it would be better to use ones from your exam board

hiya! i'm sorry, i only just saw this now!! i had paper 1 a few days ago.. it went fine, but now there's another issue. my paper 2 teacher has disappeared for almost 2 months now and we haven't done anything apart from SQL. do you have any tips?
Original post by lesserafim
hiya! i'm sorry, i only just saw this now!! i had paper 1 a few days ago.. it went fine, but now there's another issue. my paper 2 teacher has disappeared for almost 2 months now and we haven't done anything apart from SQL. do you have any tips?

you could maybe ask for help from your paper 1 teacher
Reply 6
you could maybe ask for help from your paper 1 teacher

i did!! he was really helpful :smile: well, that's my computing gcse done now. thankfully it wasn't too hard..
Original post by lesserafim
i did!! he was really helpful :smile: well, that's my computing gcse done now. thankfully it wasn't too hard..

that's good and I'm glad you didn't find the exam too hard :h:
Reply 8
that's good and I'm glad you didn't find the exam too hard :h:

well, it was 'easy' for sure haha, ended up getting a 5

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending