The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
-The British Empire
-English language
-The monarchy
-RP accents
-The sense of history

Most things. I love Britain (but not the chavs).
Little_Bear
We have a great sense of humour.
No-one does eccentrics like the Brits.
Our history is colourful and exciting.
We have culture.
Our music.
Fish n Chips, yorkshire pud, Hot-pot, Victoria Sponge etc.
Drink!
We live in a democratic country.
As much as people moan about it, our welfare system is pretty good. And at the time of its invention, pioneering.
Ancient castles, scenery, metropoliton cities, cottages, rolling hills.
We invented a shed load of stuff. Probably even the shed.
Stephen Fry.
The english Language.
Our literature.
Our Art.

The list goes on really. I know we have a long list of faults, but i'm incredible proud to be a citizen of Britian. For a tiny little island, we've done pretty bloody good.

Exactly, plus we did pretty darn good in the world wars, and i also like the music, the fact we're titchy but still quite powerful, the specific fashions/music etc in different decades, the royal family (yes, I like them actually lol especially Prince Charles) and the history of the royals, and of course, Boris Johnson :-)
Reply 182
dbmag9

and being able to laugh at Americans because my school is older than their country.

Lol. I like it
So would they.
Good driving manners
saying thanks. all the time
JSA
polar opposite of america
cricket - the most advanced concept known to man
miv
World Wide Web was invented in Conseil Europeen de la Recherche Nucleaire (CERN), which is paneuropean, in Geneva, Switzerland.
Democracy as an idea in any way it was not invented in England, but in Ancient Athens. England just was the first modern country to organise a democratic state with parliamentary system.

As far as the World Wide Web is concerned, you are right it was invented AT the CERN, but it was Sir Tim Berners-Lee who invented it while working there.

However I will admit I got a little overly patriotic and included democracy in my list :p: You can have that :biggrin:
The NHS, the BBC, also, I think it is relatively tolerant of other cultures. That's what I've been told by some Americans, anyway. Other than that, I'm pretty ashamed of it at the moment.
Reply 186
defo not the England football team.

I just hope the boys do well in New Zealand with the rugby next year!

x

Latest

Trending

Trending