The Student Room Group

Positive Action schemes for work experience

I know this is a bit vain and I'm not entirely proud of this either but I gotta do what I gotta do to find work exp. places. I found a positive action scheme in London that offers placements for those who are BAME and/or with disabilities. I fit both categories as I am Asian British, and I have ADHD. I have several ideas of what to write as for my experiences, but which one sounds more awe-inspiring from the recruiter's POV?

As an Asian living in Britain, I didn't really experience discrimination (luckily), so I don't have much to write about....as for my ADHD, it has literally been such an obstacle, especially as I have been undiagnosed for years. I can write a lot of my problems I faced from society and the education system and how I managed to do the things I am now doing to show how determined I am to get this placement. But sadly, I think in general, recruiters generally 'look down' on people with ADHD and can easily pass us off, not believing it as a disability...I feel like people pay more attention to race rather than disabilities...I really want to at least have a chance on getting this placement. What should I do? Is my thoughts on the current societal perception of ADHD true in the workplace?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending