The Student Room Group
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website

UEA interviews

We have now been able to review your interview results, and your performance was strong enough for us to be able to move your application into the final applicant pool for this year. This is a competitive course with a limited number of places, and as such we need to carefully review all applicants for this course who make it through to this stage alongside one another.

I got this response back from them
Is this positive? Or is it just a polite way of saying you have been waitlisted?
If it's not a rejection then it's positive
Students outside halls at University of East Anglia (UEA)
University of East Anglia
Norwich
Visit website
Original post by annien9
We have now been able to review your interview results, and your performance was strong enough for us to be able to move your application into the final applicant pool for this year. This is a competitive course with a limited number of places, and as such we need to carefully review all applicants for this course who make it through to this stage alongside one another.

Is this positive? Or is it just a polite way of saying you have been waitlisted?

I’m assuming they mean you’re through to the next stage of the interview process? Is there multiple stages?
Reply 3
Original post by cloud_9_
I’m assuming they mean you’re through to the next stage of the interview process? Is there multiple stages?

Not that I was aware of
I got the impression after the interview you either got an unconditional
Conditional
Or you got put in a waiting list
They said they wouldn’t fully reject anyone until may
To me this seems like a waiting list?
Hi, fellow UEA applicant here. I've applied for Med and from what I've read about the uni and its process, it seems that they won't be sending firm acceptances/waitlisting until after they've conducted all the interviews (since Med is so competitive). To me, it seems that all they've said to you rn is that you haven't been rejected and are in with final applicants.

Ofc, exceptions are always there but unless you've had one of the strongest interviews, it seems unlikely the uni will give out offers before their interview process is completed. Which seems more fair to me than "first come, first serve" basis but I understand that the increased wait in order to maintain that fairness is difficult to bear.

This is all from a Med perspective tho, so if you've applied for another course things might be different for you. Look at the Plan Your Visit page on their site if you haven't already, that's where I got a lot of my doubts cleared!
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 5
Original post by annien9

I got the same today ,and really disappointed as I had the last with me in interview,and we both got email at the same time ,she got offer with no GSCE maths ,but 4 years of working as a domestic at JPH.By I got the same email about they put me on pool .I have my btih GSCE s don't know if my interview was strong enough why then this happened?
Reply 6
Original post by annien9
Not that I was aware of
Conditional
The same toe they wrote until may
Original post by annien9

Hi @annien9

That is great that your application has been moved forward! More than likely, it is just a very competitive course with limited places and so there are more stages to applying than standard courses.

If you have any questions about UEA please let me know :smile:

UEA Rep Lucy
4th Year Economics with a Year Abroad
Original post by annien9
Not that I was aware of
Conditional
Hi @annien9

It may be worth contacting admissions to find out more: [email protected]

They will be able to update you with the outcomes and situations such as whether there will be conditional or unconditional offers.

Best
UEA Rep Lucy

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending