The Student Room Group

Immerse Education

Hi ! Does anyone have enquiries about programs on the Immerse Education summer course at Oxford? Personally, I've taken the Medicine course so if anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:
Reply 1
Original post by 1ea._.t
Hi ! Does anyone have enquiries about programs on the Immerse Education summer course at Oxford? Personally, I've taken the Medicine course so if anyone has questions, don't hesitate to ask :smile:

Hey, I am thinking of applying but could you give me a brief overview of what your summer course was like - e.g how many hours you spent in lectures and what kind of activities went on after lectures? thanks :smile:
Reply 2
Can anyone be a doctor after taking Betc and Biomedical in the sixth form?
Thank you
Reply 3
Original post by marwahssan
Hey, I am thinking of applying but could you give me a brief overview of what your summer course was like - e.g how many hours you spent in lectures and what kind of activities went on after lectures? thanks :smile:

Hi, I'm glad to see that you're considering applying to the summer course! For me, it was overall an insightful and pleasant experience :smile:

Regarding the academic lessons, we had 2 hours in the morning from 9:30 to 11:30, and another 2 hours in the afternoon from 13:30 to 15:30. But don't worry, you don't just work during the classes! Depending on the course you have selected, your assigned tutor will propose various activities such as practical sessions in medicine for example (phlebotomy, suturing, dissection), or museum excursions, debates etc. And the tutors are all sociable and most likely will have a friendly chat with the group before a lecture haha!

Regarding activities after classes, Immerse Education has uploaded a timetable with all the information needed! You'll find the planning in this link: https://www.immerse.education/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/Academic-Insights-Timetable.pdf
This schedule is not definitive as the activities are all flexible and can be moved around according to unplanned events like the weather for example.

Small bonus, you have plenty of time to hang out with friends that you will make in campus during free periods and eating hours! Especially during lunch break, we were allowed to go into town to buy lunch on our own and explore all the shops!! But the food provided in campus was good as well and very varied.

Hope to have been of help! :biggrin:
Reply 4
If anyone needs, I can also recommend a few restaurants, cafes and bookstores that were nice in Oxford :>
(edited 8 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending