The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

College Applicants

Has anyone applied from college? I’m studying HNC Social Sciences and received an invite to an interview. Any tips to prepare?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Has anyone applied from college? I’m studying HNC Social Sciences and received an invite to an interview. Any tips to prepare?

The interview is really just to see if they think you could cope and would fit in at St Andrews, My tip would be have look into the subject you have applied for and brush up on some recent articles and have a good answer for why that's the course you want to study. Another question will likely be why you want to attend St Andrews good answers here could involve you want to be taught by (Lecturer) for (reason). You can find a list of staff members from each school/dept on the website. Also say something non academic about why you like st andrews, Town/size/societies/sustainability. Don't stress too much about the interview they won't be trying to trick you, remember to ask what the uni can offer you as well! Its a two way process. good luck!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

The interview at least when I did it was more like a conversation, it wasn’t too scary although I was so nervous at the time. Come across as enthusiastic about your subject, really say why you wanna be there, why St. Andrews etc. Talk about kind of what inspired you to do this, maybe even difficulties in life that got you here where relevant (shows resilience). Best of luck!

Im studying HNC Hospitality and I attended an interview back in february. I assume you've probably already had the interview now, how did it go?
Original post by httpsemz
Im studying HNC Hospitality and I attended an interview back in february. I assume you've probably already had the interview now, how did it go?

Ignore my question on the other thread, it’s still me hahah. I’m studying HNC Social Sciences and the interview was okay I think, just eager to find out. Hopefully we find out soon 🤞🏼

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending