ago and have completed the SAQ and sent all my
information to my chosen college, but I really want to
change.
Even though college changes are almost never heard
of, surely this is different? This is because I haven't
even had an interview or offer, let alone started at my
college yet, so surely they have time to just transmit all
my details to another college?

The college to which you applied will have had your application since 16th October, likely before then. Since then they'll have been reading through your personal statement and your school reference, checking your grades and subject choices meet their requirements, potentially comparing your application with others they've received.

Then, since 23rd October (likely before), they'll have been reading through your My Cambridge Application form, again with reference to other candidates. It's not like they'll have just been sitting on their hands for the last two weeks.

So it's not really as simple as having them "just transmit all my details to another college". The new college would be two weeks behind in terms of reviewing your application, and potentially comparing it with the others they've received.

And that's assuming that there is no submitted work, pre-interview assessment, extenuating circumstances form, etc. etc. to muddy the waters further.

You, on the other hand, will likely have been interested in applying to Cambridge for months (potentially years). You've therefore likely had a significant amount of time to decide to which college you'd like to apply.

What is the complelling reason for the need to switch? Or have you just changed your mind?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending