The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
I wonder whether you could make mincce pies in the microwave...

EDIT: I'm sure it's possible. I probably wont' have time to try it though :p:
:ahhhhh:
Reply 42
I think the difficult bit would be the filling. It would be very easy to get the pastry right and either leave the filling stone cold or a crispy dehydrated lump. Perhaps it may be necessary to cook the pastry and filling seperately. This would lend well to lattice/open pies.
Just no :>.<:

Although I have to say I was farely amused to see someone's facebook status turn to: 'has discovered that putting salmon in a toaster is a very bad idea' :rofl:
Reply 44
I'm keen if I'm not too old to come! :smile: I can only do weekends though.
i'm in edinburgh all weekend, but will probs be back by sunday night. can't guarantee it though!

also: mice pies=bleurgh!
Reply 46
Helenia
I'm keen if I'm not too old to come! :smile: I can only do weekends though.

Do come, it'd be great to see you again :smile:

------

Just a quick thing about organisational-y stuff. I'm happy to do all the christmassy munchie/drinkie buying but it would be fab if we could split the cost between all of us so everyone chips in a few quid :smile:
Reply 47
minimo
Do come, it'd be great to see you again :smile:

------

Just a quick thing about organisational-y stuff. I'm happy to do all the christmassy munchie/drinkie buying but it would be fab if we could split the cost between all of us so everyone chips in a few quid :smile:

I don't think anyone could argue about that :biggrin:

Where will the gathering be?
Reply 48
Llamaaa
I don't think anyone could argue about that :biggrin:

Where will the gathering be?

my place :smile:
Reply 49
minimo
my place :smile:

yay :biggrin: You have nice carpet :biggrin:
Reply 50
OK seeing as there are so many 'maybes' for the Sunday:

I dunno how people will feeeeel but we could move it to laaate on the 4th ie like 9.45ish and then have it on for a couple of hours? That way everyone could make it. Y'all could come to my concert before hand if you like too :biggrin:
Reply 51
That would be better for me anyway... what orchestra/band do you play for, btw?
Reply 52
K.T.
That would be better for me anyway... what orchestra/band do you play for, btw?

Trinity Singers :smile:

I dunno what to do tbh, with so many people saying they're not sure, it kind of ruins the fun and I like things uber organised from the start and not having them so gets me all in a tizzy.
Reply 53
I know, I'm having similar problems trying to organise Hogmanay (scottish new year) back home... you could make a poll?
Reply 54
There is a poll tbh and when I made it Sunday seemed a good day! I cba now...I mean personally doing this on the Thurs would mean that I have to skip my choir party which I don't want to either really; I was just suggesting it to keep things fun for everyone else. :dry:

How about whoever can make it for Sunday evening just go to ta bouche or somewhere at half 7? I think they have half price deals or something on in the evenings.
Reply 55
RIGHT UPDATE on an UPDATE
I *just* got an email saying that my concert has been moved to a slightly later time on Thurs which means that having the party on thurs would mean taht it would start too late. SO, TO CLARIFY, seeing as so few people can do sunday how about those of us who're free just meet up for drinkies somewhere?
I'm confused. What about Thursday? :eyeball:
Reply 57
It was suggested that we meet on the Thursday, instead of the Sunday. This is now impractical. :smile:

Well I'm not free on Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday or thursday (evenings that is) :o:
Reply 58
Sorry about the confusion :frown:
Reply 59
I'm kind of confused but now I've actually arranged to be away all that weekend and go directly back to Ipswich - rather than via Cambridge which would have enabled me to come on Sunday evening. Have fun!

Latest

Trending

Trending