The Student Room Group

LNAT for 2024 entry

i just sat my lnat and does anyone else feel like it was weirdly hard? maybe it’s just my head but i genuinely think ive done horribly!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I found the MCQ section much harder than what I had practiced :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by ejb1234
I found the MCQ section much harder than what I had practiced :smile:

omg me too like i think my essay went fairly well but compared to the practice questions i did the mcqs were so weirdly worded
Reply 3
Original post by anais44
omg me too like i think my essay went fairly well but compared to the practice questions i did the mcqs were so weirdly worded

yeah me too it really shook me that they were tricky ahaha but hoping the essay made up for mine x
Original post by anais44
i just sat my lnat and does anyone else feel like it was weirdly hard? maybe it’s just my head but i genuinely think ive done horribly!

As someone who did the LNAT last year too, I found it noticeably more difficult this time round. I think it might just be pot luck as to which questions you get, but if for sure felt more difficult this year compared to last in my opinion. Good luck for your uni applications!
Reply 5
Original post by Feliciatgoat
As someone who did the LNAT last year too, I found it noticeably more difficult this time round. I think it might just be pot luck as to which questions you get, but if for sure felt more difficult this year compared to last in my opinion. Good luck for your uni applications!

oh gosh..are you reapplying this year? if so whereabouts :smile:
Original post by anais44
oh gosh..are you reapplying this year? if so whereabouts :smile:

Yess I’m reapplying! I’ve applied to LSE, KCL, UCL, Bristol and Leeds this time around haha. Where are you applying?
Reply 7
Yess I’m reapplying! I’ve applied to LSE, KCL, UCL, Bristol and Leeds this time around haha. Where are you applying?

omg I'm applying kcl, bristol, nottingham, exeter and cardiff! but im genuinely convinced that my lnat has completely hindered my chances of kings and bristol, I keep overthinking how horribly it went omfg
Original post by anais44
omg I'm applying kcl, bristol, nottingham, exeter and cardiff! but im genuinely convinced that my lnat has completely hindered my chances of kings and bristol, I keep overthinking how horribly it went omfg

I’m sure you did better than you think! Plus, even if you didn’t do so well, they use the rest of your application too not just the LNAT, and I know that Bristol apparently use the essay heavily also. I thought that I’d bombed my first geography a level exam and it literally haunted me forever, then it turned out to be my best paper. Sometimes going over it can make it seem like you did awfully, but in reality, I’m sure the exam didn’t go as badly as you think!

Plus, last year I got 28 and KCL still rejected me so they might not use the MCQ score so much either haha 😭
Reply 9
I’m sure you did better than you think! Plus, even if you didn’t do so well, they use the rest of your application too not just the LNAT, and I know that Bristol apparently use the essay heavily also. I thought that I’d bombed my first geography a level exam and it literally haunted me forever, then it turned out to be my best paper. Sometimes going over it can make it seem like you did awfully, but in reality, I’m sure the exam didn’t go as badly as you think!

Plus, last year I got 28 and KCL still rejected me so they might not use the MCQ score so much either haha 😭

im praying kings accept me tbh its my top choice! tysm I'm sure you did amazingly too! what made you want to reapply if you dont mind me asking? and a 28 is genuinely amazing??????? im sure kings r just silly to have rejected you tbh
Original post by anais44
im praying kings accept me tbh its my top choice! tysm I'm sure you did amazingly too! what made you want to reapply if you dont mind me asking? and a 28 is genuinely amazing??????? im sure kings r just silly to have rejected you tbh

Ahh thank you, and I’m reapplying because my predicted grades were lower than what I achieved, and I got rejected from both KCL and LSE last year. I had a place at Newcastle, but decided it wouldn’t feel right going there and I could do more with my grades so I declined my offer. Unfortunately there were no places in clearing so I’m having to take a gap year haha, hopefully I’m more lucky this time round with my improved grades! I’m also sure KCL will accept you, the LNAT is just a small proportion of the assessment criteria after all
same here, but I found that the passages were quite easy to understand but the way the actual questions were worded was very similar to Arbitio
Original post by anais44
Reply 12
Original post by anais44

I felt exactly the same, sat it 2 weeks ago. The essay was better though I think but the multiple choice was extremely hard
I have mine on thursday and i'm so nervous my most recent practice test I got 26 hopefully if I just stay calm and actually read throughly i will be okay i'm so nervous since i'm applying to UCL and LSE and i've heard they are very strict on LNAT scores
Reply 14
Original post by elliexmae.x
I have mine on thursday and i'm so nervous my most recent practice test I got 26 hopefully if I just stay calm and actually read throughly i will be okay i'm so nervous since i'm applying to UCL and LSE and i've heard they are very strict on LNAT scores

best of luck!! don’t forget that everyone’s lnat is different so maybe it’s just mine that was difficult :smile:). you’ll do great just make sure you read the texts and understand them!
Original post by anais44
best of luck!! don’t forget that everyone’s lnat is different so maybe it’s just mine that was difficult :smile:). you’ll do great just make sure you read the texts and understand them!

thank you so much!!!!
thank you so much!!!!

I hope all of your universities accept your applications! I was hoping someone could answer a question that I have

Does anyone know if the MCQs on the lnat ninja are representative of the difficulty of the actual lnat?

I sit my lnat next month for UCL and KCL so any feedback would be invaluable
Reply 17
Honestly found it pretty similar to the book I used
Original post by Lunnr006.302

I hope all of your universities accept your applications! I was hoping someone could answer a question that I have

Does anyone know if the MCQs on the lnat ninja are representative of the difficulty of the actual lnat?

I sit my lnat next month for UCL and KCL so any feedback would be invaluable

I think so tbh that's what I used and I found it quite similar where else are you applying?
I think so tbh that's what I used and I found it quite similar where else are you applying?

I'm also applying to LSE, and to the Cambridge foundation year because I have a list of extinuating circumstances longer than my history coursework lol, and I haven't decided my safe options yet, but they likely won't require the lnat.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending